promotion over talent

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nowadays promotion matters. too many ppl wit too little talent are toppin da charts. for instance Chingy, J-Kwon etc. Its a shame how garbage artists like dis are takin up spaces fo da realer mc's dat mite be a bigger movement den Hov, pac , bigg, or nas. i kno erybody dont agree wit me on dis but da real hip hop heads i talk to agree dat chingy is garbage.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree with you. I have come to the conclusion that inside the "industry" there needs to be some sort of balance maintained. The industry seems to need garbage rappers or they wouldn't allow them to continue making bull ish songs and beats. Even some the "big dogs" seem to slip out a CD with 15 songs and only 4 or 5 be worthy of bopping your head to. We have the internet where millions of people download free music constantly, but the same ppl that are recruiting these garbage rappers are releasing their garbage music and crying about how wrong it is for US to download music.....go figure that ish ?!?!?!?! If they put out some HOTNESS, most of us wouldn't want to download 4 or 5 songs, we'd want to buy the whole CD.....Here's a thought to ponder.....industry rule number 4080.

dac

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Chingy is garbage,,,I'm not big on the mainstram scene, but i do like Luda,,and don't know why he got all them wack ass DTP crew wit him. He does got talent. Chingy is straight ass! Gimme 4 bars with him and I'll make him hand over his platinum plaque!!! Ha ha,,

Hatin', Hatin',,,,hatin' all the live long day!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
It's not what you know it's who you know!!!I agree with the grabage people yall naming but I saw that kid j-kwon on rap city he sounded like shit in the booth...JD out did him in there ....but something else to add is , if it has a party vibe and will be loved by females 9 times out of 10 it's going to sell

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
i guess when you have conctact with those celebrity, dosent matter if you're good or not, because they are friends with the artist, or cousins or else.... If a girl is beautiful, they already have a contract... look at JLO... shanti... lumidee... the voice is not that good... i guess it is the same thing for the producing area.. THis may explain why new people in the game are always represented by someone big in the industry,first.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
JLO did have some actual talent though B4 all of the Hollywood Movies and Puffy & Ben.....Loop dancing...LOL.....Production is at a new turning point, you can actually make your own way, it's more than making a hot beat, putting it out there and hoping you get signed from a Beat....take 9th...yeah he got a lot of talk about his use of Fruity loops but thatz not the only reason, he actually had finished albums out that showed his ability to work on projects and finish them that raised eyebrows and he was already on the underground......the sky is the limit, you have to become your own A&R and find talent and help mold projects that will sell, put in your work and keep with the underground.....the production business is unique because you have the backdrop, the script and concept.....just like a movie producer......no matter how small, start doing projects and work with peeps locally, there are millions of people with the same ideas, tools to create and make music so you have to set your game apart and go a few more steps to stand out of herd ....a lot of people have the art of making hot beats down pat without a how to make hip hop beats 101....if you want to expend lots of time figuring out how to get a label deal as a producer or try figure out a strategy of how to sell a beat to them that gets used and goes platinum that's definitely an ok concept you could spend 24 hours a day doing that......but I think time is better spent at coming up with a strategy to market yourself, work with artists and push out finished work not just beats....

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I do think some of these guys have skillz, but it's all about what the label let you put out. Nah mean? That weak party stuff is what's sellin. It's been that way since 98.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by Producer_GyaL
i guess when you have conctact with those celebrity, dosent matter if you're good or not, because they are friends with the artist, or cousins or else.... If a girl is beautiful, they already have a contract... look at JLO... shanti... lumidee... the voice is not that good... i guess it is the same thing for the producing area.. THis may explain why new people in the game are always represented by someone big in the industry,first.

I think Lummie d and ashanti are far from beautiful but they do look good from a far....Lumie is a sore for sight eyes and ashanti is a hood rat with bad skin

members online