Promotional Companies

• beat this! voting starts in...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
have you tried all the online distributers? I know nothing about the distribution process yet but i see a lot of unknowns on sandbox automatic ect.. plus if you got the goods i'd be sending that to every radio station on the planet. If it's unique and a 9-10 youll get play and when you hit up distrubutors you'll have a resume, if the radio stations big enough with enough audience then i'm sure sandbox or the others would sell it for you.. they just want money. but i'd say it's all about quality and first impressions so make sure your boiling. gl CG

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
They're not going to push you unless you come with money up front. Most of the "promotional companies" are radio "street team" people basically doing stuff on the side. They're probably tired from their normal job, and will just stand there and waste time on a corner where maybe 10-15 people show up. You're lucky if you make it to a concert, too.

Also, Houston is a big city, the only promotions that would work, from a street angle are ones at a concert. When I say "big city" promotional companies work better in cities like NYC, San Francisco or Chicago, where the city itself is not as spread out, there are more people WALKING or taking the SUBWAY, so you can hit a lot of people with your CD in a short amount of time. I've been to Houston, and it's so spread out-- meaning it the city itself covers a lot of area and never ends, and there ARE NOT as many people walking on the street like NYC, because everyone in Houston has their own car and drives it everywhere (like LA). Think about that... a street team can't effectively market in cities that are more spread out, unless they hit a couple hotspots. Even then, it's not like NYC, SF, or Miami Beach.

It may or may not work, but at least look into a little more from how much you pay, and what you really get out of it. Don't be overly enthusiastic about putting your music out there if somebody is trying to hustle you, like a smooth talking "street promoter."

-G

members online