Proteus 2000 sound demonstration

• beat this! voting starts in...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
hi,

has any got any beats they can let me hear that are made with sounds from the Proteus 2000 only? i hear that the 2000 has many ill sounds, but i have yet to hear them in action.

i previously had a motif (classic), does anyone have both modules and can compare?

props.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The Proteus 2000 and motif don't even compare, motif is the truth. But this is not a once sideded attack on the proteous, because its actually a very good module and you can do a lot with it. If you are use the the realistic sounds of the motif you will be let down, but if you are just going into this tweaking sounds you will enjoy anything from EMU. If it's for the right price I would cop it. Those modules really shine when you add the vintage keys, virtuouso and mo phatt cards to them.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
thanks for the music misscc.

bhunt, do you know of any modules with realistic sounds like the motif in the same kind of second hand price range as the proteus 2k?

thanks

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you looking for that motif sound but cheaper, then try some of the older Yamaha modules. EX5R, CS6R are two you can look at.

You can get a second hand motif rack for $500 on ebay nowadays.

I got the proteus x. That's your best bet, if you got a pc in the lab.

As for proteus sound vs. motif. I think the motif is a better all around module. its more modern sounding (because its newer). but I do think the motif can sound too soft sometimes. whereas the proteus has more of an edge to the sound, more grit.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
thanks for the music misscc.

Your welcome. Whats your price range? Cause i mean u can sometimes get an Motif Classic Rack for around 450-550 on ebay sometimes u can catch an Motif ES for da low.

Da Proteus module has the most sounds out of all da Emu Modules. I have the pk-6 keyboard but the proteus module actually has more sounds than the board. Thats why thye are around 300 and up most of da time. If u have the dough and the time i would say just go for a proteus 2000 and add some rom cards. Like add a mo phatt(basses,drums,snares.), virtuoso(strings,brass,ect..), and another rom of your choice. But if not then u may can find dat motif for da low.

Nicole

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
motif is prolly better all around than a proteus .. i have the pk6 as well with ,mo phatt expansion ... there are some real nice sounds .... i also have a motif es ... the motif gets more action overall but i use my proteus somewhere in evry track .. its got some unusual sounds that cut right thru the mix .. the filters and the ease of use are what makes the board cool .... overall ur prooly better off with the motif if u only got one.. to me the proteus stuff is more of a secondary synth than a bread and butter synth like the motif.. but thats just me

members online