ProTools 8 users...

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
MIDI question, and this isn't for me. I have a buddy that uses PT8 and apprently when you create a MIDI track it can also find and access which keyboard you are using and even access the on-board sounds that particular keyboard has (depending on the keyboard).

Well, my friend has a Roland XP-80. Some of you might be familiar with this keyboard: it has on-board sounds (which PT8 can access with no problem) and also has expansion sound cards that you install. It is these expansion card sounds that PT8 can't seem to be able to find and access. Anyone have any ideas on how to get PT8 to read and access the expansion card sounds??? If this has already been posted, PLEASE forgive me. I didn't do a real deep search on this.

Thanks for any help you can give.

X

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"create an aux track then route that output of the keyboard to the aux track in in pro tools or u can do an instrument track"

I don't see how either one of those things would work at all.

Create a stereo audio track and route the outputs of your keyboard to the input on your audio card. Set the input of the audio track for correspond to what inputs you are using.

An instrument track is for softsynths not real keyboards and an aux track is for send effects.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
"create an aux track then route that output of the keyboard to the aux track in in pro tools or u can do an instrument track"

I don't see how either one of those things would work at all.

Create a stereo audio track and route the outputs of your keyboard to the input on your audio card. Set the input of the audio track for correspond to what inputs you are using.

An instrument track is for softsynths not real keyboards and an aux track is for send effects.

oops lol sorry

members online