providing a Hook along with a beat for an artist

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
what producers out there are doing this and are they in higher demand? is it safe to say that you should be able to sell a beat for more if you provide a hook. of course it would be a bit harder to find a buyer since particular subject matter could weed out certain artists. it probably is a lot harder to come up with as many hooks as beats as well

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
like iceman said, it could give inspiration, maybe the artist might come thru and like the beat but don't kno what to write about. Give them your hook and it might influence them more into buying the beat.

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think good producers are the ones who have no problem telling the artist what they want to hear or at least give examples to get them in the vibe. I saw a video where ODB was in the studio with Pharrel and he just straight up asks Pharrel "what do you want me to do i'll do it". Once you get a big name people come to you expecting hits like they've been hearing which also explains why people's beat tend to sound the same, its because thats what everyone is asking for not because they can't make other shit.

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Some of my beats don't feel complete until I put a few cuts ont he track to make a hook... It all depends on the beat.

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
As a producer, with visions in the life of a rapper/hip hop artist i found it easier to spill the truth on the hook, n let the rapper tell the story became more honest for myself to sell alot easier, but i write song mainly R&B and i right the truth so that helps for hook in the rap game. If the beat is hot thats that.

members online