Purchasing an MPC

R

robert

whats up guys. I've used both actually the 1000 and the 2000xl and damn they both are amazingly wicked. I was thinking of getting a 1000 because I usually chop on the computer using cool edit pro. I could care less about attaching zip drives and stuff because I never had any use of it, Im happy with thw smart cards. Anyways I read a few threads and would like too know if its alright too be used as a stand alone workstation. Because in some that I read, it is mostly used just for drums, but I wanted too do everything on there. I also read that there is going too be a software update that will support timestretch, zoning and many others. The only thing Im concerned about is what if I wanted too purchase some mpc drums? Give me a shout

T

The Bastard

robert said:
whats up guys. I've used both actually the 1000 and the 2000xl and damn they both are amazingly wicked. I was thinking of getting a 1000 because I usually chop on the computer using cool edit pro. I could care less about attaching zip drives and stuff because I never had any use of it, Im happy with thw smart cards. Anyways I read a few threads and would like too know if its alright too be used as a stand alone workstation. Because in some that I read, it is mostly used just for drums, but I wanted too do everything on there. I also read that there is going too be a software update that will support timestretch, zoning and many others. The only thing Im concerned about is what if I wanted too purchase some mpc drums? Give me a shout
what the hell?

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
robert said:
would like too know if its alright too be used as a stand alone workstation.

that's the main question I pulled outta there...

I would go with the 2000xl, if you are focused on having a "stand-alone" workstation.

However, I use the 1000 in conjunction with my PC, and I couldn't ask for more outta the mpsleazy.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
robert said:

Yea man u gotta do better then that. That was a very vague question. If ur worried about the actual specs of the MPC 1000 vs 2000xl there is plenty of info avalible on that (on this site or at the akai site)

class.....

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I have have both the 1000 and 2000 , the 1000 is great as far as being able to get sounds and drumkits , because all samples are created in .wav form. Plus with the usb compatibilty you can drag and drop files onto the mp wit problems, plus file management is easier too. You can get one 512 mb flash card and use it forever, because you can always manage files via pc.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use my MPC as a stand alone station. I really don't do to much time strechting and I use a jv-1080 as a sound moule. You can get buy with just a MPC, I'm not knocking anybody, but on a lot of boards I see people making comments who don't have 1k and are listing to people who haven't put the time in learning how to make there songs bang. If you decide to go with the 1k you will love it. I make a lot of beats with just the 1k and a turntable. ALL you need is the table, drums, 1k and you can get bass tones

P

Pinnacle

You can't go wrong with an mpc. GEt it , Learn it, and don't look back.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
that's right any all the mpc models are dope are the names use it. Anybody who is serious about making beats can use it in there on their own craft. It's like a 12 hundred there classic, roll with it.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mpc

beatzbybuddy said:
Get the 2000.................................................
Get the big dog the 4000 I got mine from american musical they allow payments plans with no credit check although my man just bought a 1000 last week for $200 for 5 months

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo you can use the 1000 as a standalone, but if you use timestretch in every single song you do, your kinda screwed i would just get a 2000, but do ya research and see if it is for you

members online