puzzled

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ive been thinkin about this for a while now as ive only really started producin beats recently ,, i havent really understood the lingo used in the industry

for instance

i have never understood what is meant by ' tracking a beat out ' ?

anyone care to enlighten me on this ?

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
It's when you have beat made on hardware (MPC/Triton/Minimoog/etc), and you need to record it into the computer. This is so you can do further editing, mix, master, burn to cd, create an MP3, etc...

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
It's when you have beat made on hardware (MPC/Triton/Minimoog/etc), and you need to record it into the computer. This is so you can do further editing, mix, master, burn to cd, create an MP3, etc...

It doesn't matter what you make the beat on hardware or software ... It's Exporting
each individual sound used on it's own track (file) for the mixing process so everything
can be mixed on it's own channel. For example your beat consists of a kick, snare, hat,
& a synth. When you export your beat to listen to you usually do it in 1 mp3 or wav with
all the sounds together. When you track out you export each sound in it's own file
so you'd have 1 wav just the kick playing, another wav with just the snare, and so forth.
Then who ever is mixing the track would load up each wav (kick, snare, hat, synth) into
the sequencer each on it's own channel to mix.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah that thread sacred posted is solid. it definitely doesn't have to refer to hardware...a lot of people track down from logic to pro tools. it just means recording your composed tracks (whether stereo outs or individual) to your recorder (whether tape or pro tools) and usually doing final mixing adjustments, vocals, final automaton, etc.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
It doesn't matter what you make the beat on hardware or software ... It's Exporting
each individual sound used on it's own track (file) for the mixing process so everything
can be mixed on it's own channel. For example your beat consists of a kick, snare, hat,
& a synth. When you export your beat to listen to you usually do it in 1 mp3 or wav with
all the sounds together. When you track out you export each sound in it's own file
so you'd have 1 wav just the kick playing, another wav with just the snare, and so forth.
Then who ever is mixing the track would load up each wav (kick, snare, hat, synth) into
the sequencer each on it's own channel to mix.

that would be correct.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yo thanks for that , it really helped....glad i can come on here and ask and actually get answer

much appreciated people