QBert Online Scratch Course...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya it definitely looks good, I'm not sure if I would sign up for it though, it depends on what you're looking for I guess. Like you said, there's a few scratches you need to learn so that's good. I have a few of Q-Bert's training videos already, I'm not sure if they're the same ones they have on this site though.

Ya it definitely looks good, I'm not sure if I would sign up for it though, it depends on what you're looking for I guess. Like you said, there's a few scratches you need to learn so that's good. I have a few of Q-Bert's training videos already, I'm not sure if they're the same ones they have on this site though.

I have the old qbert vids too, but these ones are all new videos. And some scratches that were not in the older videos.
I think the site is great to get turntablism back on the map. Its really faded from hip hop. It would be really good to see what started it all off, get its shine once again.

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
I think it's a good idea to always be learning, but I would go for lessons from someone in your area, as first-hand experience is always best (even tho q is a beast). I also think turntablism should make a comeback, but with serato here to stay, I think it's only a matter of time before it fades away.

H

I think it's a good idea to always be learning, but I would go for lessons from someone in your area, as first-hand experience is always best (even tho q is a beast). I also think turntablism should make a comeback, but with serato here to stay, I think it's only a matter of time before it fades away.

H

But serato makes turtablism even easier. I use serato, the timecoded vinyls are just like scratching the originals, only the tracks dont fade away, if the vinyls get worn you buy replacements, the future is here, and for me its vinyl controlled mp3s. You do lose the pops and crackle unless they are in the mp3. Buy apart from that, you mp3 collection becomes a vinyl collection and ANYTHING can be cut up.
Also if you look at the sample videos on the site, you will see hes using time coded vinyls. They use them on beatminers radio. I really do think it does combine the best of digital and vinyl worlds, you get the hands on complete control, as well as a vast music collection that doesnt take a crew of 3 guys to help you carry around.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Some of my sources are telling me that vinyl is on an upward trend...I hate to compare vinyl to digital because like 2Good was saying...you have the best of both worlds by joining them together. Our biggest radio station here ONLY uses serato, they wont even hire a DJ that doesn't use it. Final Scratch and all the rest wont do...you have got to know how to use Serato...period! Some of my DJ friends think thats crazy but I actually like the idea of combining them. Its simple...NO MORE RECORD BURNS OR SCRATCHES! EVER!