quasimoto...WTF?!?!

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hardboiled said:
I like music w/ meaning so who are these cats Blueprint and Illogic? They got a groupname so I could check em out? What are some of the meaningful things they say in their music?

Based on your music style, you will definitely love Illogic (dude doesn't even swear in his songs).

They don't have a group name but Illogic has a couple of albums out (Unforeseen Shadows, Celestial Clockwork) all produced by Blueprint. I only have Unforeseen Shadows and even though it's not very good in my opinion, it has a couple of songs where it just amazes me. Half of the album is battle rhymes...which are kind of lame...and the other half is heart-felt amazing stuff like "Hate in a Puddle" and "Tale of a Griot". But I'm warning you though ...production sounds horrible, it's like most of the beats were made in 4 minutes and not even finished.

T

The Bastard

im wit class , my boy listens to sum of this music he let me borrow a particlar album called mf grimm, a collab of two artists im guessin.i liked one song called the original remix .but beside that shit was kind of garbage if you ask me. ive listened to sum rjd2 before and it sounds like underwater escavation music from another planet. if u ask me a lot of this underground shyt is garbage i think people just run wit it cuz they wanna be all ''yeah mainstream sucks'' but id listen to anything mainstream or indie long as the shit sounds good. im pretty simple i guess i just like a good sounding beat and a good sounding flow and il lrun wit that, dont need the laser effects

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bloodybastid said:
Based on your music style, you will definitely love Illogic (dude doesn't even swear in his songs).

They don't have a group name but Illogic has a couple of albums out (Unforeseen Shadows, Celestial Clockwork) all produced by Blueprint. I only have Unforeseen Shadows and even though it's not very good in my opinion, it has a couple of songs where it just amazes me. Half of the album is battle rhymes...which are kind of lame...and the other half is heart-felt amazing stuff like "Hate in a Puddle" and "Tale of a Griot". But I'm warning you though ...production sounds horrible, it's like most of the beats were made in 4 minutes and not even finished.
celestial clockworks is 10 times the album that unforseen is.......unforseen is inconsistent but good....celestial is fucking dope...has a couple of my favourite tracks in hip hop on it....check 1000 whispers, one of the dopest tracks around...the beat is just alright, but illogics input is top notch

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Boyz N Tha Hood Album is banging... Quasimoto got 2 good songs...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Phonetik said:
Well, I guess some people have to no love for good jazz music. Damn!

lol Dog i love jazz, i played jazz for 10 years(alto and bari sax).

THat quazimoto was not really tradintianl jazz, its more like a comic book, with random intermissions. I mean i respect the cats music, but to me its bull.... thats the type of stuff hippies listen to

class...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Phonetik said:
Well, I guess some people have to no love for good jazz music. Damn!

hahah lol man you have no idea how ironic this is

class plays jazz

sorry that was just funny

edit: ok i see class already responded to it...

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
im wit class , my boy listens to sum of this music he let me borrow a particlar album called mf grimm, a collab of two artists im guessin.i liked one song called the original remix .but beside that shit was kind of garbage if you ask me. ive listened to sum rjd2 before and it sounds like underwater escavation music from another planet. if u ask me a lot of this underground shyt is garbage i think people just run wit it cuz they wanna be all ''yeah mainstream sucks'' but id listen to anything mainstream or indie long as the shit sounds good. im pretty simple i guess i just like a good sounding beat and a good sounding flow and il lrun wit that, dont need the laser effects

There's bunch of good underground shit that sounds normal. I don't know why when people discuss Underground it's always spaced out shit. Most of it is pretty damn normal as far I'm concerned.

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Madlib is crazy, I really like some of his stuff, I really hate some of it. But then again he even said that he dont like some of the stuff he puts out, which makes me wonder why he puts it out in the first place.

Classic maybey you should try Madvillain or Shades Of blue ( I think you will really dig shades of blue)

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You are being mad judgemental. To say that a group of people listen to this music is ignorant. Step back and listen to what you are saying. Im very happy that you played jazz. Maybe you were just hearing it instead of listening to it. Oh, and also you are obviously have no respect for the digging game if you're not feeling those breaks. To each his own I guess.

classic

ill o.g.
Phonetik said:
You are being mad judgemental. To say that a group of people listen to this music is ignorant. Step back and listen to what you are saying. Im very happy that you played jazz. Maybe you were just hearing it instead of listening to it. Oh, and also you are obviously have no respect for the digging game if you're not feeling those breaks. To each his own I guess.

Dog on the real ,chill with your attacks, first of all if u noticed i never dissed madlib personally. I have respect for his music, it just aint my thing. Nothing u say can change that... And as far as not having respect for the digging game, man please, ur barkin up the wrong tree with that comment. U must not read my other threads....

Lets stay on topic with this thread

To everyone else, im gonna check people under the stars , ive heard good things from them

class....

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
can ox rules...

ITS ALL ABOUT EL to the muthafukking P

but really, i love madlib and quaz, check out THE UNSEEN by quaz, you will think different then, but fiurther adventures is sick....

WU TANG FOR THE 90s

MADVILLAIN FOR THE 00s

but Outcats are your fav group of all time, so i can see why you wouldnt like this, they are poles apart...

dirty south vs the underground

there is only one winner....

ps...

LARGE PROF is sick sick sick,

it halftime!!!!

classic

ill o.g.
my underground

THis killer mike track is my idea of underground it address all the issues about north vs south in the hip hop community.
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HPLXHQC3P7A40I8TTIY2GE9VT

Also check

slim cutta calhoon,
the whole DF crew.
UGK,
Tampa toney,
Trick daddy(yes that cat is still underground)
three 6 mafia
project Pat

Dont get it twisted, im heavy into underground, its just that my underground artists are differnt from other cats becasue of my influences.

class....

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
For Class, the Madlib Blue Note album or the JayLIb album would probably suit your tastes better. Madlib as an MC is really never good, but the Quas stuff is even worse. Check for instrumental versions of Madlib albums you won't be disappointed. Do you have any of the early Calhoun albums, where they are together?

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
Yo quas is just another part of madlib creative side, not for what lib is known for, which is his production, so dont jugde the man mindstate, just listen to the tracks , that madlib!

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
i stay away from dem stars n' galaxies, science fiction, spaceship underground kats. they try TOO hard to be alternative. they just as bad as these niggas that cant rap for shit.

To be an emcee, u supposed to know how to move the crowd, not makem pick up a science dictionary.