question about dr. dre coors light commercial

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
its a commercial when dre is in a plane, making beats with a laptop and something else. does anybody got a clue on what set-up he might be using. it had drum pads like an akai mpc

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Isn't it a mpc 1000? I believe it is but I haven't seen the commercial in a while. Also dat commercial was made b4 the release of the 1000 but of course dre would have it b4 it was released. I believe dats what it was.....any 1s free to correct me if im wrong

ill o.g.
I saw that commercial about a year ago. I saw a screen, like a 15" screen not an mpc screen. It didnt look like he had an MPC, but i havent seen it in a while.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
He was tapping his foot while pressing some MPC pads ..... it's all bullshit. You could never use a MPC on a plane(power source, space, etc.)..... it's just for looks not reality. You can't do what he is doing in that commercial. It's Hollywood.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
U are wrong mad. you can use that stuff on a plane and even on a helicopter if you want to..... Do ask how I know... just take my wrd for it....and if not ask Fade and he'll tell u to just believe me...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Good point Mad S, commercial is exactly it. I doubt it if it was even his stuff. I usta that think that it was real pictures of bowls of cereal on the boxes til someone told me to look closer. It's glue, not milk, all just to paint a pretty picture. Yeah you can have portable power supplies and hook up anywhere, but for a commercial, there would be no reason.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Freakwncy said:
U are wrong mad. you can use that stuff on a plane and even on a helicopter if you want to..... Do ask how I know... just take my wrd for it....and if not ask Fade and he'll tell u to just believe me...

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I don't agree .... If you can come up with proof then I will agree. But how can you power up an MPC 3000 on a airline? Battery pack? Nope! It wasn't a private plane. Plus I have an MPC 3000 ..... that mutha is Big. The MPC 3000 doesn't come with loaded sounds inside the machine so you would have to bring floppy/zip disk to load them up. But floppys don't hold that much info so all the sounds most likely came from a zip. The commercial is purely for entertainment. It's not reality! (in my opinion) The beat that was playing in the background couldn't be made by just an MPC .... it's impossible. I know people would like to believe that and have some fantasy of producing on a plane. Maybe with a laptop but not with the equipment shown on that commercial.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
You damn right...

Attachments

• Fagthread.jpg
    Fagthread.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 156

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i thought maybe a laptop with a special midi controller of some type. i knew it wasnt a 3000, i would be to lazy to take that bitch on a plane with me. the set-up dre had in the plane is possible. we need to find the commercial in here (the internet) somewhere. regardless if he was actually making beats, in fact it was a commercial and we know he wasnt flying in a plane and all that.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
It was probably a mpd! Akai makes them, they used to be black but now there silver.. its basically mpc pads for your computer as a controller.. Havent seen the commercial though so i cant say for sure...

members online