Question about Exporting Tracks as Wav

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
When you export your Tracks as Wav Files to Mix in a Program like Cubase , Protools , Acid , Etc...

What is your Technique do you Export Only Say a 4 bar or 8 bar loop of the track or

Do you export the whole Track

Im asking this Cuz Although it would make sense to just Export a 4 bar or 8 bar loop to Save Hard Drive Space it Doesint always Make Sense for me ,
Cuz Threw out the song unless you just straight Loop something for 3 minutes then your gonna have to export all of your Change ups and breakdowns too which is pretty Time consuming

FOr me Especially with Drums alot of times after i got the beat down Ill Play it back in Reason hit Record and Add maybe a Kick here and snare there and a few Hihat change ups threw out the song

SO me Personally I just Export The whole Drum Sequence as a Wav then the whole Sample Sequence , then the whole Bass Sequence and So on

Is this a Bad Method becuase it seems to me that most people just export 4 or 8 bar loops
or is this one of those type of things that comes down to Personal Preference ?

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I use Adobe Audition. What i do when i want to save a beat from my mpc (or FL, Reason, What ever you use) is track out all the sound in either a 8 bar or 4 bar loop. ill record everything seperate. then i re loop it back up in Adobe Audition. then when i need to, i can easy drop any sound or add any elements i want right there. Ive add a screen shot of one of my beats, at every little dotted line is where one of the loops have repeated. doing it this way save on harddrive space but allows you total control over your music.

Attachments

• SampleBeat.JPG
    SampleBeat.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 171

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just export 8 bar loops then re-sync them up in Sonar. When I first started with software, I would export the whole thing but by using loops I find it also makes it easier to chop up the 8 bar loops and do stuff with it if needed.

ghostmusic

ill o.g.
Yo Just export 4 or 8 bar loops of the main grooves, and then export individual loops of the changes and breakdowns and arrange them in your sequencer. This will save room on your computer if you need it. Also if you track the changes on seperate tracks you can compress and eq them indiviually. Anyway that's what I do.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is exactly why i switched over to ableton or cubase/acid

it lets you (rewire) if you use FL or Reason AND it lets you make a beat completey within itself as well as top notch mixing and mastering if you know how.

As far as WAVE editing - it opens up a new wave editor...for me audition..then saves it back in my project.

Its dope.

BUt um...export loops pimp.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Thanks for all the Replies . Lately ive been experimenting with a few Different Program's

1st one I tried was Dj Phantom's Tutorial on Rewiring Reason thru Sonar That never worked out couldint bounce the Tracks to audio like how he described in his tutorial

2nd Was Reason / Acid Combo this one is probably the one im most comfortable with except when it comes to Effects im still trying to figure out how to set them up properly

Ive also Tried Reason / CEP This Combo is pretty good lol only thing I wish it was as easy as Acid is when it comes to just using the Pencil Tool and pasting loops with ease .

But Yea I guess ill Start Doin the 4/8 bar loop's I had a Feeling thats was most of yall did anyways

EzZ..

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
CampO said:
Thanks for all the Replies . Lately ive been experimenting with a few Different Program's

1st one I tried was Dj Phantom's Tutorial on Rewiring Reason thru Sonar That never worked out couldint bounce the Tracks to audio like how he described in his tutorial

2nd Was Reason / Acid Combo this one is probably the one im most comfortable with except when it comes to Effects im still trying to figure out how to set them up properly

Ive also Tried Reason / CEP This Combo is pretty good lol only thing I wish it was as easy as Acid is when it comes to just using the Pencil Tool and pasting loops with ease .

But Yea I guess ill Start Doin the 4/8 bar loop's I had a Feeling thats was most of yall did anyways

EzZ..

if u comfortable with acid - spend a few more weeks learning it

it would be the best..no need to export that way.

P

Protege

I record each track into pro tools, and then I edit from there. If you export a loop, and its got drums and other sounds, youre not gonna be able to fix what you want.

-JG-

ill o.g.
I make the complete beat in FL, send each track to a mixer channel. Then I go to export .wav and click the box that says "split mixer tracks". Then all I have to do is load them into Audition for mixing

members online