Question about FL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loanshark316

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This is going to sound like a stupid question. I am using Fruity Loops with a MIDI Keyboard. I hit a key on the keyboard to trigger the sample(Hi Hat, Snare, etc) No matter how hard I hit the key, the sample plays with the same velocity. Doesn't matter if I hit it soft or hard. I am trying to put some hi-hat's down that vary in Velocity. Is there a way to change that in Fruity? Or is it in my keyboard?

Thanks
Jason

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I can't help with it varying the velocity cuz I get the same thing... BUT you can right click the fl composition and send it to piano roll and modify the velocity there with the vertical bars at the bottom.

loanshark316

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
AHHH!! I bet that is the problem. I don't think my keyboard is velocity Sensitive. It's an old Yamaha Cheapo I got off my Father. I was lucky to get Midi ports on it I guess.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
LoneShark
Remember FLstudio comes with a manual. When you have a problem you can go to the search and type in a word like Velocity and see the topics on it.

Your answer> Under options choose midi settings. At the bottom of your options window you should see ignore velocity. If the box is yellow that means FLstudio is ignoring your velocity, if it's not checked it will use the velocity according to how hard you press the key.
stop being lazy, it is actually harder to ask the question online than it is to research in your manual.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
d00d, leave these people alone! lol we are here to yap our traps and type our fingers away into carpel tunneling rheumetoid arthritis! Not everyone even has the manual d00d!

Also, look for the velocity settings on your keyboard. There is most likely a controll if it is a yamaha psr 232 or better...

loanshark316

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Kevin A,

Did it even occur to you that maybe I did look in the manual and try to find an answer, which I did. If you have to come back with a smart ass comment like "Quit being lazy" than please don't respond to questions. If it's such a hassle to try and help somebody, DONT DO IT... Jerk!!

1d3nt1tY said:
d00d, leave these people alone! lol we are here to yap our traps and type our fingers away into carpel tunneling rheumetoid arthritis! Not everyone even has the manual d00d!

Also, look for the velocity settings on your keyboard. There is most likely a controll if it is a yamaha psr 232 or better...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
The manual comes with the software, you can't have one without the other. The answer could have also been found without even going to the manual. Having a problem with midi! go to your midi options and see what's in there. I find it very hard to believe that any effort was put forth in finding the answer to such a simple question without finding the answer. However stop being lazy, is not a insult, it is encouragement to put more dedication in your efforts, that's really how you get better. If you read with a angry voice in your head, then it's gonna sound angry to you. I'm not mad in anycase. You might have been reading this with an angry thus far, but I'm still not mad you. No need for loopers to be fighting against each other, we already got alot of haters hatin on us already. Your advice is well percieved and will do. Later

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
kevin, you may find it hard to believe, but just because you dont believe it, taht doesnt make what he says untrue. there a lot of simple problems that, at times, are hard to find solutions to. sometimes a second brain helps the issue. we arent here to determine wether or not someone is being "lazy"-if they have a question, answer it, and if you cant do that without "encouraging" the person by telling them they are lazy, or whatever, then just dont post.

anyhow, i believe you should check your midi keyboard to find out if it is velocity sensitive, as classic suggested. i had that issue with my motif rack last year- i tried and tried and tried to alter settings and read the manuals and almost went crazy before i realized it wasnt velocity sensitive.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Kevin A said:
Your advice is well percieved and will do. Later

It's already done wit. I believe they covered everything with their statement, no need for anyone else to complicate matters worse. Take your own advice aswell because you not coming off right either and this had nothing to do with you in no way shape or form unless you are just being a mod. I didn't pick a beef wit you, and while I'm explaining my motives trying to squash beef, you trying to start beef. Is that what you want? @Truth

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
ok, well, i am not going to sit here and go back and forth over this. the point is, lets just help loanshark figure out the problem. ofrget the rest.

loanshark, let us know if your problem has been solved, or at the very least if the actual question has been answered, taht way i can close this thread. thanks.

loanshark316

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yea, I need a new keyboard. Mine is not velocity Sensitive. I also want to apologize to KevinA. There was no reason for the type of response I gave. I apologize.!!

Cold Truth said:
ok, well, i am not going to sit here and go back and forth over this. the point is, lets just help loanshark figure out the problem. ofrget the rest.

loanshark, let us know if your problem has been solved, or at the very least if the actual question has been answered, taht way i can close this thread. thanks.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
alright, thats cool. these things happen. glad that you have at least identified the problem now.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.