Question before Buying Turntable

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey thanks for checking this post out. My birthday is comin up and I want to get a turntable for it. I'm not sure what a good turntable for sampling is. I know that if I plan to scratch to buy a direct drive turntable. I've also heard that the turntable can be a piece of shit as long as it has a good needle. I was wondering what turntable you would recommend for a budget of 200 (I would like to have around $20 left for records). With the turntable I get what exactly do I need if I want to hook it up to my pc (I don't own a sampler yet). I plan to work this summer and buy an MPC2000XL so I want the turntable to be compatible with that also. So what turntable should I get, how do I know if its good quality, what do I need to connect it to my pc, and what do I need to connect it to an MPC 2000xl. Thanks for reading this long post and if possible could you provide the estimated cost of the stuff you recommend i get. Thanks!

One thing to consider before buying a turntable. You will need a lot more than $20 for records. Having a turntable is one thing, buying records is something else. Unless you go digging that shit can get expensive. Id recommend Serato scratch tho, its a bit pricey but still cheaper than what my vinyl cost me. It does pay for itself in the long run. You have to be in it for the long run to benefit from that.

Also you will need either a phono pre amp or a mixer, then from that to the line in on whatever device you wish to record to.

I saw a usb turntable the other day in Maplins, its £100 so probably $200. Dont get that, the platter was loose as hell.(And PLASTIC???)

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Bro I hate to tell you but your not gonna get a turntable thats decent for $200 , I know its unfair and it really is, but turntables are really expensive..
But serato IS nice, its on my list.But you still need a turntable.
Get Gemini's they are cheaper than techniques and just as good.
Good luck and remember its an investment.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ya totally, buy a good turntable once and you wont have to keep buying new ones in the future. I think serator scratch is a great option but for me I really love vinyl it still sounds better and just feels good. Head to the thrift store with $20 and you may be able to get a few gems. But I have spent MUCH more that $20 on records, lol I probably spend $20 or more each trip to the record store.

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well id be stuck in the dollar bin if u kno lol how do u guys get the money to buy all this shit thts insane... did u start off as djs or what?

DJ Increment

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bro get a Qfo & then u prob wont even need a drum machine...lol..nah but im like that with the old tight budget ones!!just means i got 2 work abit harder 2 get what i want..i mean ....u know