question: extending the tail of a sample

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
okay, say i have i have a chopped vocal sample of someone singing "lets fly away" or something with a vowelly ending like that. how would i go about extending the "ay" sound so it lasts longer or fades out in a natural way, instead of it just cutting out immediatly after "away" (ie: make it sound like "lets fly awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay")? i basically want to extend the end of a sample so it doesn't sound like a chopped up piece.

i've tried adding reverb on it, which sorta kinda works but makes it sound like she's singing in a huge empty chamber, which i don't really want.

so, any suggestions?

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
^ Damn, thanks Relic! I assumed homey was using FL! What are you working with Osc?

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
easy way to do exactly what your talking about is to use RECYCLE and set the trail to different values, it sounds very releastic and you can stretch it out to like 100%, which i beleive doubles the sample, and it doesn't just sound like reverb, it sounds like an additive decay

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the tips guys! i'm using reason and fruityloops so i'll try out a bunch of these techniques and see what works. the recycle thing sounds interesting. Ruimixx- whats a "node" in fruityloops? do you mean like automation?

members online