Question for the GigaGods

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
The new Gigastudio supports Rewire but would it have to be on the same PC as your sequencer in order to take advantage of it? What I'm asking is is it possible to have a Sequencer PC that can access a Giga PC via Rewire the same way you can access Reason from Pro Tools? Tascam's support page on this is awful.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
It might not work and you might be asking for trouble or a massive headache to attempt something like this Hook LOL, every rewire application I ever used such as reason, Fruity -dxi-vst not rewire oops and ableton have to be locally run, the host rewire and the rewire client app, because the way the api's for those programs are written they search locally for the rewire application to launch on the active channel, I do not think this is possible or actually even a good idea because of the overhead that would be introduced, how would you make the them synchronize though?....midi?? it's enuff trouble to get my rewire apps to run locally all the time, the only time I use rewire with reason is to use my VST's from Waves with reason or from Ableton..........again I could be wrong but I don't think this is possible right now.

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
I didn't see how it would work either D, but i hoped it would. I wonder if it would be better to just to have it on a separate PC The site says most people did it that way but that was before Rewire.