Question on selling beats?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Authority

What websites are good for selling beats??????or is it better to just go around the streets looking for people that need beats?????Im pretty new to the beatmaking game and i havent sold one beat before.....dont get me wrong my beats are strait Fire and they all slap hard....but i just havent really tried to sell any.....i just need advice on what i should do to get some money for my Trax....

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Authority said:
What websites are good for selling beats??????or is it better to just go around the streets looking for people that need beats?????Im pretty new to the beatmaking game and i havent sold one beat before.....dont get me wrong my beats are strait Fire and they all slap hard....but i just havent really tried to sell any.....i just need advice on what i should do to get some money for my Trax....

Honestly, you need to pound the pavement a bit and make local contacts. Take beat CD's with you EVERYWHERE you go. You never know where you're going to run into a potential client. I've run ito cats on a late night run to Walmart, dropping kids off at daycare, and just recently on the bus to work while my van was in the shop. No beat CDs in hand, but I still made the contacts.

You could do something like this:

Take 6 of your nicest beats and rework 'em a bit to give 'em a "Deeper Concentration" feel to 'em, you know, beats that don't need vocals.

Burn 25 copies to CD. Make 'em look nice with cover art and CD labels. Make sure you have some sort of contact info on them.

Take those CD's around the hood to beauty shops, beauty supply shops, barber shops, open mic nights... anywhere cats congregate and sell 'em. Take either a boom box or cd player and headphones with you to let folks hear your CD. The goal is not really to make money off of the CD's, charge enough to break even or maybe a bit more, the goal is to get your beats in someone's hands so they're playing your music for others to hear. Eventually, someone will hear your shit, ask about it and, if you included your contact info, they'll give you a call.

I used to do that with my beat tapes back in '95 and '96. It resulted in a chance meeting with the manager for The Dayton Family hollerin at me about a managment deal (I lost his number and card a couple of days later). Dude wanted to rep me to Relativity saying that they paid $3000 a beat.

A

Authority

So bring beat cds wit me and let local artists listen to them and c wats up!!!!!thanks for yahll help because i need to get sum beatz sold......and is myspace a good place to advertise your beats also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online