Question To ALL Beat Makers

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If you don't use MPCs , MPDs , etc. to construct beats, are you invalid?

An MPD is a midi controller.......there are midi controller keyboards with no pads that still trigger what ever u want triggered. An MPC and an MPD are not the same. One is solely a midi controller (MPD) and the other is a sampler that can be used as a midi controller as well. Just depends if you use software, hardware or both.

If the real question is "If you use a computer keyboard and a mouse to construct beats are you invalid"? I say no.

Just means you produce in a diff't way is all. Unless you do house style music I personally don't see how you can just use a keyboard and a mouse for everything though. Hard to get things to swing naturally like that. It can be done but it's after the fact manufactured swing. With todays software ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE though!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
You were just the cat I was aiming at, too.

lmao....aiming at...whoa

And this is in reference too?

So "Question to ALL beat Makers" was false advertisement? If the gun was directly aimed at me you can use PM's next time.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
LOL I thought you might take it like that!

I said aim simply because you have a MPC for you logo... no hostility or need to slight Illmuzik of this discussion by PM'ing you.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
oh...aiight......

Explanation for it being my logo. It's the first piece of equipment I actually went to a music store and purchased. MPC2000 purchased in 1996...still have it to this day. The first piece of equipment I ever bought (from a friend) was the Roland JW50 and an ancient sampler that only recorded like 3 seconds...lmao...big bulky two piece joint.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It's a means to an end...no matter what you use.....

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
ive used the mpc and other gear and software. the listeners cannot tell a difference with my finished product. shit, just yesterday after this show another artist on the roster asked me what i use to make my beats with. the only answer i could give him was everything and anything i can. hardware and software.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Im a long time owner of the mpc, even since i got it i've been saying that an mpc is a luxury item for crafting beats, its definitly not a necessity. Other than that, if you would believe that it takes a certain tool to make hiphop then you simply are restricting yourself to knowing all the relevant stuff that makes a good producer...you simply still know half of the game.

Fuck it, Ive heard sticks on tin cans sounding dope.
And I dont have either an MPD or MPC, am I not relevant?
Fuck that, I like making beats irrelevant or not.
If other people like them thats a bonus, if I get paid thats the icing on the cake.
I make music for my enjoyment. I love cutting shit to peices and rearranging it.
If I made music because I cared what everyone else thought, Id have given up a long time ago.
Dont worry too much about what tools you choose, just worry about using those tools that suit your workflow to the best of your ability, and the tools ability, apart from that just enjoy it.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
OP, What would make you say this?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If other people like them thats a bonus, if I get paid thats the icing on the cake.
I make music for my enjoyment. I love cutting shit to peices and rearranging it.
If I made music because I cared what everyone else thought, Id have given up a long time ago.
Dont worry too much about what tools you choose, just worry about using those tools that suit your workflow to the best of your ability, and the tools ability, apart from that just enjoy it.

Beautifully said my friend! :)

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
for a minute there, i thought i had wrote this... but i realized it wasnt mines bcuz he left out one thing:

RS fo' LIFE!!!

ok... its mines now.

da relic

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
wordemup this is the truth

members online