Questions about marketing multiple channels

I had an idea. You know how Mark Ronson releases albums like they're His albums and the artists are features? like the album with Uptown funk where bruno was a feature and lily allen was a feature on the other song of the album and... so I thought of releasing something like that. but then I realized I should have a whole nother group of channels like a youtube channel for it. because I'd have 3 sides: one would be my orchestra scoring side, one would be my beat selling one and one would be my personal artistic thingy. sounds cool, but the downside is that then I have to market 3 channels, which in that case marketing 1 of them is hard enough for me.

to fix that, the solution would be "Well, don't have 3 channels". which means I have to merge 2 of them. the only choice in that case would be merging the beat selling one and the artistic one which would suck. why? because I'm planning on uploading at least 10 beats a month and that'd be a whole fucking lot long-term. doing something "Artistic" in the middle of that would look like shit, you know? I want to draw a line between industry and art. then again there's no way I can market all these stuff at the same time. it'd be a total pain. so I'm not sure. what are your thoughts? thanks for reading.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's normal to have a few channels, however when you mention marketing then maybe market it as "hey this is my channel where I do bunch of shit". You could go with 3 channels, but you could also just have 1 and brand it in a way so you're a guy that does orchestra, sells beats, and does art stuff. Call it "The Artsy Iranian Mofo".

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man I tried that for years and went down that road. It can work but it’s a ton of well... work, tunnel vision on the fewest channels and 100% effort to fan building seemed to be the most effective for me. I really did build it one fan at a time and it took years. Ymmv of course but I would argue it’s pretty easy to get caught up in busywork and not actually doing effective things. It also depends on your goals? Is this for making money? And if so from wear? Money from producing/composing gigs? Selling records? Live shows? The weird thing that happened to me was once I set my life up that I had money coming in from other sources and didn’t need to make money from music, it started coming in. It was weird, but I just focused on putting on my best show (I play a LOT of live shows) and connecting with fans and making the best records I can it just all started to take off. I’m happy to help anyway I can and I look forward to learning new things from you as you go down this path.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Last edited:
It's normal to have a few channels, however when you mention marketing then maybe market it as "hey this is my channel where I do bunch of shit". You could go with 3 channels, but you could also just have 1 and brand it in a way so you're a guy that does orchestra, sells beats, and does art stuff. Call it "The Artsy Iranian Mofo".
Just @ArvinArmani have 1 channel for everything.
That could work but I'm definitely not mixing my orchestra stuff with anything. I certainly will do 1 channel for all orchestra because that's mostly remix-based rather than original products.

Man I tried that for years and went down that road. It can work but it’s a ton of well... work, tunnel vision on the fewest channels and 100% effort to fan building seemed to be the most effective for me. I really did build it one fan at a time and it took years. Ymmv of course but I would argue it’s pretty easy to get caught up in busywork and not actually doing effective things. It also depends on your goals? Is this for making money? And if so from wear? Money from producing/composing gigs? Selling records? Live shows? The weird thing that happened to me was once I set my life up that I had money coming in from other sources and didn’t need to make money from music, it started coming in. It was weird, but I just focused on putting on my best show (I play a LOT of live shows) and connecting with fans and making the best records I can it just all started to take off. I’m happy to help anyway I can and I look forward to learning new things from you as you go down this path.
thanks, I truly hope to learn from you through this road too. and now that I look at it like that, I really don't need to market my own albums much, I just need that to kinda express myself and play my part in the history of music. so I'll just have that on the side. that part is not the "hard work" part for me, it's just something I enjoy doing, I don't really care if it blows up or not. the hard work goes to the beats I sell and marketing them. I also ain't sure if the Orchestra side should go to the hard-working path or more like the hobbie path, because that's more like an entertainment thing than a music thing. I still really really enjoy doing it so... I guess I will just give it time.

Bro you remind me so much of younger me it's fucking terrifying.

Iranian Keys :woot:
Iran Keys.

members online