Quick question

playah

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Damn I'm asking too many stupid questions on here.

Anyway, after I get everything set up for the basics, I am planning on getting a turntable for sample digging (I'm pretty damn good at sampling in SF!)

There is a shitload of old vinyl in the loft of my house, and I reckon I could talk myself into getting them, but what I want to know is, does pretty much every record have something that COULD sound hot flipped?

Another question, I was watching a video (it was posted on here) and the dude went into a record shop and came out with like 10 vinyl for $5, when you people do this, do you just take a chance, if theres something hot, use it, then throw it away or what? And the ones that are shit aswell, just trash them? Or keep them?

Thanks

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
if you dont feel like wasting your money on crap. do some research!

who got tijuana brass in there collection.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Damn I'm asking too many stupid questions on here.

Anyway, after I get everything set up for the basics, I am planning on getting a turntable for sample digging (I'm pretty damn good at sampling in SF!)

There is a shitload of old vinyl in the loft of my house, and I reckon I could talk myself into getting them, but what I want to know is, does pretty much every record have something that COULD sound hot flipped?

Another question, I was watching a video (it was posted on here) and the dude went into a record shop and came out with like 10 vinyl for $5, when you people do this, do you just take a chance, if theres something hot, use it, then throw it away or what? And the ones that are shit aswell, just trash them? Or keep them?

Thanks

to answer you questions....

yes everything has SOMETHING that can be flipped, but that doesnt mean you'll make a hot beat out of every one, different people pick up on different things and, sometimes your in the right mood sometimes you aren't it depends on a lot of things !
as for digging id say with me at least some stuff i know will have good stuff on it, some is an educated guess, and some is just pot luck !

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it's all a gamble. it becomes a little less of a gamble once you start to learn, study and follow names of artist,producers,composers, etc...but a gamble nonetheless.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Gambling can be fun, Id say avoid 80's pop rock but I have heard that flipped better than I woulda imagined.To me the coolest people had some good album covers, you cant always judge a record by its cover, but if it sux at least you have good artwork to hang up...
Go in the loft grab all that shit and just pour thru it, youll find samples .Even little tiny sounds , a snare ,a gtr lick, somthin, then mix well, shake and play.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There is a shitload of old vinyl in the loft of my house, and I reckon I could talk myself into getting them
shit if you already have records there at no cost, if you find hot shit or nothing at all, it's no out of pocket cost to you. hell if you don't wanna go thru them, can i give you an address to ship them to? i'd be happy to take'em off your hands for you :)

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yo mate we from the UK - that means to get good records you have to shell out dollar for them. FOr me, on an average dig, i will come out with like 4 albums having spent £40-£50 ($80-$100), it just costs in this country but, BUT we have a completely different pool of samples to choose from, in comparisson with the Yanks...

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Personally, I had mad fun digging in LDN, I can give you the info for my spot there if you like

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Naw Jacpot, I was just visiting London so it don't really matter if I tell one of the local cats about it. I doubt I'll hit it up again [that UK pressed vinyl sounds real nice though]

Now, on the other hand, you gotta show me your spots when I move back to DC; don't worry about me stealin ideas, I'll check with you every time I cop some wax lol. I got a spot in Arlington that we can hit up too.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Naw Jacpot, I was just visiting London so it don't really matter if I tell one of the local cats about it. I doubt I'll hit it up again [that UK pressed vinyl sounds real nice though]

Now, on the other hand, you gotta show me your spots when I move back to DC; don't worry about me stealin ideas, I'll check with you every time I cop some wax lol. I got a spot in Arlington that we can hit up too.

I'm in Arlington right now... Aint seen NO spots... whats good?

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
If I don't like it I don't buy it. I don't care if it's a dollar. I only want to work with what I like.

But if they're free check them out or list some titles here, you could get some advice.