R.I.P. Prodigy of Mobb Deep

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I can't believe I'm posting this. This is insane. He was only 42 years old and there's no news about how he died. He was in the hospital because of his sickle cell disease but no idea how he died.

WTF. 42!

He'll always be known for his verse on Shook Ones:

But I remember way back when Mobb Deep was mad young and did Peer Pressure:

Still can't believe this. Fuuuuuck.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
R.I.P. Respect to Prodigy for (co-)writing the best of "The Infamous" and "Hell On Earth". His lyrical prowess might have dropped during the turn of the millennium, but he could still spit gems here and there. The death gives some of his lines like "P-Dub shines regardless, remorseless: {I} haunt niggas like poltergeists" a new meaning.

There's no doubt Havoc will be heavily affected by this, probably more than anyone. I wonder if somebody will try to make money off of his death by unleashing some unreleased Mobb Deep heat because there's always more stuff to come by (Jadakiss would say "you know dead rappers get better promotion").

EDIT: the forum detected my use of the letter I in rectangular brackets as a BBCode instruction for italic text, which affected the rest of the post as well.

Last edited:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
A tragic loss... heard the news at work from a colleague and I was shocked. I feel for his family and friends... my heart goes out to them. We are lucky to have been blessed with a legacy of his music. RIP

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
R.I.P.

freehand

FREEHAND STYLES
R.I.P. Respect to Prodigy for (co-)writing the best of "The Infamous" and "Hell On Earth". His lyrical prowess might have dropped during the turn of the millennium, but he could still spit gems here and there. The death gives some of his lines like "P-Dub shines regardless, remorseless: {I} haunt niggas like poltergeists" a new meaning.

There's no doubt Havoc will be heavily affected by this, probably more than anyone. I wonder if somebody will try to make money off of his death by unleashing some unreleased Mobb Deep heat because there's always more stuff to come by (Jadakiss would say "you know dead rappers get better promotion").

EDIT: the forum detected my use of the letter I in rectangular brackets as a BBCode instruction for italic text, which affected the rest of the post as well.

members online