Raekwon w/ Aftermath?

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
© The Wu-Tang Corp.- 2006-05-28

According to Raekwons people we can officially confirm that Chef Raekwon has inked a deal with Dr. Dres Aftermath Entertainment. While details are still sketchy, we can confirm that the papers were signed last week.

It was already known that Dr. Dre and Raekwon had worked together on the highly anticipated "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" project, an initiative of Busta Rhymes who is also an Executive Producer of the record with RZA.

"Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II" will be a co-production between Aftermath and Wu-Tang. Whether this is the Wu Music Group or Wu-Tang Productions is not known yet.

RZA has yet to confirm the rest of the details.

This is truly history in the making...

I also heard that Raekwon's album is now being pushed back until 2009-2010....now if this is true that's REAL fucked up! But that's just what I heard....can't confirm. If anyone knows anything keep me posted.

EASY
B

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
this is fucked up if this is tru...cuz honestly i thought Wu were one of the last real heads left

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
pushed back till 2009 2010? wtf's up with that?? sounds like bullshit to me.. I mean i know stress took that long for immaculate deception but rae?? hahaJK

dre an rae huh?

who knows though... haah im busy as fuck so who cares.. if its dope its dope and if its not ohwell.. but i bet it'll be hot , they are smart people

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Why all the hate!? Im a bigtime Wu fan and that's a good move for Rae! Shit, it don't mean the album is going to suck! This makes me more anxious for the album, honestly! Good Move.....

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
If dre has production on this album. I doubt it will be that super west coast style dre. And if RZA is Exec. Producing the album I think he will make it quite clear about the style of tracks they want. But, Only time will tell on this one. I am hoping for another classic though.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Look....I think Dr. Dre has done some amazing things for peoples careers (see 50 and Eminem). But I also think he has straight up tried to sabotage others. The others I'm speaking about are Rakim (who was put on the shelf for 3 years while Dre tended to Em and 50) and Nas (The Firm-which I personally didn't think was that bad but gets abused by most). Busta Rhymes album took forever to come out and we'll see how that comes out. So...hopefully Dre gives Rae the attention he deserves. This was a highly anticipated album already, Dre should just release it now. I've heard some "Conspiracy Theories" that say that Dre is trying to solidify West Coast rap by sabotaging the East Coast Legends....I think that is a little extreme...but it's worth addressing. What do ya'll think???

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i think dres sound caters well to raekwon .. im talking classical piano, and deep melody dre .. not bouncy west coast dre ... actually dre and rza can be on some similiar shit production wise if u think about it ... "phone tap, live by the gun, that stat quo shit from green lanterns mixtape, gunz come out , and alot of dres later beats would sound tight on some wu tang shit... even westside story .. rae would sound tight on that shit ...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
This reminds me when Rakim signed to aftermath and Im still waiting on that and will be...
I HATE when rap labels become monopolies. The whole game is just sickining. I need to get a new brand of music undiscovered like white noise or black noise, so it will be untapped and shit...

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Benny BuKu said:
Look....I think Dr. Dre has done some amazing things for peoples careers (see 50 and Eminem). But I also think he has straight up tried to sabotage others. The others I'm speaking about are Rakim (who was put on the shelf for 3 years while Dre tended to Em and 50) and Nas (The Firm-which I personally didn't think was that bad but gets abused by most). Busta Rhymes album took forever to come out and we'll see how that comes out. So...hopefully Dre gives Rae the attention he deserves. This was a highly anticipated album already, Dre should just release it now. I've heard some "Conspiracy Theories" that say that Dre is trying to solidify West Coast rap by sabotaging the East Coast Legends....I think that is a little extreme...but it's worth addressing. What do ya'll think???

I don't think the whole album will be all Dre. I highly doubt that. Raekwon wouldn't do something like that to the fans (Not sayin that's what your implying). He knows if it's a sequel to his first album, it has to have the feel that album did with a new school twist. As far as him (dre) taking too long. I highly agree, Dre's a perfectionist though. I think that if he puts something out he wants it to be perfect (atleast in his mind). I really don't think Dre is trying to sabotage the East Coast rapper's in order to bring back the west though. If he is trying to do that RZA's mastermind ass would see it coming from a mile away and counter-attack!!! But, I doubt Dre's trying to do that. It's a good look for Raekwon though! He will push more units just due to the marketing alone and the popularity of the label! But, I could be wrong...

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
StressWon said:
yo, if i hear fuckin 50 cent on that shit,,,I will burn my CD.

word! or anybody from G-Unit on there, and ash as far as DRE and RZA sounding a like i dont know about all of that, from what i have been growing up listening to both of them, they have two totally different styles of beats, not similar at all!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
hell no they dont sound the same at all,,,this is a bad move by Rae,,,just because it will get that "Bubble Gum Rap" feel to it. Not for nuttin, but look at Busta Rhymes as Executive Producer,,,shit, he couldnt even get his own shit to run,,,now he's an exec producer?

I guarantee that this shit is gonna be wack if anyone from G-Unit or Eminem is on this ish. Yo, Em fuckin aint the same anymore,,and we all feel pretty much the same about G-Unit. This may be a catastrophe.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
StressWon said:
hell no they dont sound the same at all,,,this is a bad move by Rae,,,just because it will get that "Bubble Gum Rap" feel to it. Not for nuttin, but look at Busta Rhymes as Executive Producer,,,shit, he couldnt even get his own shit to run,,,now he's an exec producer?

I guarantee that this shit is gonna be wack if anyone from G-Unit or Eminem is on this ish. Yo, Em fuckin aint the same anymore,,and we all feel pretty much the same about G-Unit. This may be a catastrophe.

esp. when this is gonna be the sequel to possibly one of the greatest albums ever, only built 4 cuban linx, and we all know this album def isnt gonna come close to the original

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
and we all know this album def isnt gonna come close to the original

How do we know that?! There is no way that u can make that type of judgement. Just because Raekwon moved to aftermath doesn't make him wack! I don't understand this!! Dre is a legend and I believe that his tracks with Raekwon over them would be ill as fuck!!! RZA will come with his classic production. Raekwon is possibly one of the illest lyricists around, in my book. Why does moving to aftermath change that at all? Yall act like he's a sellout or something!