Raekwon w/ Aftermath?

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
How do we know that?! There is no way that u can make that type of judgement. Just because Raekwon moved to aftermath doesn't make him wack! I don't understand this!! Dre is a legend and I believe that his tracks with Raekwon over them would be ill as fuck!!! RZA will come with his classic production. Raekwon is possibly one of the illest lyricists around, in my book. Why does moving to aftermath change that at all? Yall act like he's a sellout or something!

Word....I wouldn't jump the gun here...in my posts before I was just mentioning some shit I heard to spark some opinions....mission accomplished!

I think as long as Raekwon allows the RZA to pretty much control the direction and at least some of the beats themselves this album will be off the hook. I don't think Dre's beats can hurt Rae...it'll be a new direction. But not necessarily a bad one. The only thing that worries me is Dre holding Raekwon's album back. The streets have been wanting this for a while now...and for those of you not in the NYC or Tri-state area....this album is even being anticipated by the younger generation and what I refer to as the TRL and 106 and Park hip hop listeners. They want to experience what we (the 25 and older generation) got to experience when we grew up. Uncut raw hip hop/ ahead of it's time which the first Cuban Linx was. And as far as Busta fuckin it up....let's give him a chance before we crucify him....I mean he has been down w/ the Wu for years....I've read in articles that he feels the GZA is one of if not the greatest lyricists of all time and often quotes Wu lyrics. So Busta does know what the Wu is about and hopefully will not get in the way of another Wu classic....but again the jury will be out until the album drops. My fingers are crossed, we as a hip hop culture need this album....if I hear anymore TI, Rick Ross,Lil Jon, or Jermaine Dupri's group (whateva the fuck they're called), I'm going to shoot somebody...lol.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
eXampuL_oNe said:
How do we know that?! There is no way that u can make that type of judgement. Just because Raekwon moved to aftermath doesn't make him wack! I don't understand this!! Dre is a legend and I believe that his tracks with Raekwon over them would be ill as fuck!!! RZA will come with his classic production. Raekwon is possibly one of the illest lyricists around, in my book. Why does moving to aftermath change that at all? Yall act like he's a sellout or something!

all i'm saying is that album is one of my favorate albums of all time, i just feel that it shouldnt be called only built 4 cuban linx 2, since i am guessing this album will sound totally different from the original, which again could be a good thing or a bad thing, all i'm saying is they have their work cut out for them! and expload, u putting words into peoples mouth i never said reakwon sold out, but along with aftermath comes G-Unit, and i really dont want to hear any tracks with those mother fuckers on it, and i hate how people take shti to heart around here, people acting like my opinion is like a life or death situation

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I'll say this,,,,,The Wu and Aftermath should stay apart. It's not a matter of sellin out. The music that aftermath been puttin out now is what rae and ghost started back in the 90's. That whole mafioso, hustlin shit, they perfected. But what I don't like is Dre havin anything to do wit Raekwon. Beatwise anyway. I mean, Dre is a great PRODUCER, and all, but the original is a classic, so if it aint broke, don't try to fix it.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
GRAFIK said:
all i'm saying is that album is one of my favorate albums of all time, i just feel that it shouldnt be called only built 4 cuban linx 2, since i am guessing this album will sound totally different from the original, which again could be a good thing or a bad thing, all i'm saying is they have their work cut out for them! and expload, u putting words into peoples mouth i never said reakwon sold out, but along with aftermath comes G-Unit, and i really dont want to hear any tracks with those mother fuckers on it, and i hate how people take shti to heart around here, people acting like my opinion is like a life or death situation

First off kid. The name is eXampuL, not fuckin expload! Second off, stop takin this so personal. No one over here is takin shit to heart. Calm down, your going to get this thread closed talkin like that. This is a debate, not an argument. I never said anyone said he sold out. I said people were acting that way! Little different there buddy.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
eXampuL_oNe said:
First off kid. The name is eXampuL, not fuckin expload! Second off, stop takin this so personal. No one over here is takin shit to heart. Calm down, your going to get this thread closed talkin like that. This is a debate, not an argument. I never said anyone said he sold out. I said people were acting that way! Little different there buddy.

this is what i am talking about, why u getting so mad, u telling me to calm down, i am cool! u buggin son!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
IMO, nothing will ever revive Raekwon's career. Having an album like Cuban Linx, it's so hard, basically impossible to top. Same thing goes for the rest of the Wu and also guys like Mobb Deep. You can put Raekwon solely with RZA and lock them in a studio for a year and it still won't be as good as it use to. There's so many things to consider - back then he was hungry, they made beats with 'classic' equipment, etc. Raekwon right now is just making music, but it won't work with all this high priced equipment and he's laying down beats in a $200,000/hour studio.

Actually, this applies to a lot of rappers/producers today (but let's stay on topic).

Again, just my opinion.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I love it.....yo...I got respect for both of ya'll (Expload-lol- and Grafik), this just shows how important it is that this album gets done right....no matter who produces it. Ghost got the ball rollin a little....now Rae gotta keep it goin...and hopefully all parties involved recognize it and keep it Wu.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
i don't think the album is being pushed back to be honest...I read in scratch a month or two ago that the album was damn near complete,mostly produced by the rza, the gza's son and a few other wu producers...Hopefully the signing with aftermath was just to expose the wu to the marketing machine Interscope has in place...I don't think dre will produce any of it to be honest, maybe a track or two to finish it off(maybe)...this is all busta rhymes making these moves, not dre, because busta is co-exec producer along with rza...if ghostface can keep it true and still make noise i'm sure rae knows he can do the same...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
If Rae is trying to create a whole story/album concept like he did with the original purple tape, then Dre is the man for the job. Every single album that Dre is actively involved with is cohesive, from NWA, to Snoop, D.o.C., even Game's album.

The Cuban Linx Prequel mixtape is retarded! I can't remember the last rapper I heard that took me back to that essence of when I was rewinding lyrics again and again
and Rae definitely did his job on certain songs on that tape.

I'm not like the average rap fans out here, if Rae wants to get that big advance messin with Aftermath, then go for that. A lot of rap fans don't understand that Rae can't go work at WalMart if rap doesn't work out.

As long as he keeps a mixtape out on the streets, then I'm good to go.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
If he's goin to Aftermath just get out there, then I can undeerstand that, but I really dont want no G-Unit appearences and shit likethat it will water down the cd.

pleeeezze no g unit...hip-hop doesn't need raekwon gettin shot at too...besides, shaolin would go bannannaz....(i don't know how many n's are in bannannaz, so go ask gwen stefani how to spell it correctly)

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
the wu is a sound and even a late breaking foundation of hiphop.. i doubt they would get influenced by any botiboyz on some wack shit. its gonna be rite im sure