Rakim arrested for unknown reasons. Be-Sigel goin to prison?

ill o.g.
Rakim-
"NEW YORK — Rap legend Rakim was arrested by plain-clothed officers around 11 p.m. as he was about to enter Roseland Ballroom to perform Tuesday night, according to numerous eyewitnesses.

The officers flashed their badges, told Rakim they had a warrant for his arrest and took him away in an unmarked car, witnesses said. Rakim reportedly was handcuffed and went willingly. A security guard at Roseland said he saw the officers staked out across the street from the venue as early as 6 p.m.

Sources close to Rakim later confirmed the arrest to MTV News, and NYPD officers at the venue said the arresting officers were members of the Suffolk County Sheriff's Department. A sheriff's department spokesperson said no comment could be made about the arrest until Wednesday morning.

Slick Rick and others addressed the arrest onstage, and the concert, headlined by Ghostface and featuring Talib Kweli and Royce Da 5'9", otherwise continued as planned.

Rakim is one of the most respected MCs in the rap game, perhaps best known for the classic "Paid in Full" from the 1987 Eric B. & Rakim album of the same name. He recently spent several years on Dr. Dre's Aftermath Records but didn't release anything on the imprint." -MTV NEWS

Beanie Sigel-
"The trial of Beanie Sigel for attempted murder ended with a hung jury on Tuesday afternoon at the Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia. A mistrial was declared by Judge Karen Shreeves-Johns after jurors in the case deliberated for five days — one day longer than the trial itself — and still could not decide on Sigel's fate.

On Thursday, jurors told the judge that they could not reach a verdict. She sent them back into deliberations saying they had not given the matter enough time. Frequently during discussions, the five men and seven women of the jury asked to review as much of the evidence presented in the case as possible, at one time earning a rebuke from the judge for failing to pay attention closely the first time.

On April 20, Sigel's lawyer, Fortunato Perri Jr., closed his defense without calling Sigel — or a single witness — to testify. Instead, the defense questioned the credibility of the victim, Terrance Speller, and the single eyewitness, David Aimes, who both said that they had been drinking and were high on marijuana when the shooting took place outside a Philadelphia bar in July.

Several of Sigel's friends and associates came to court to support him throughout the trial, including Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Freeway and Roc-A-Fella owners Damon Dash and Kareem Biggs.

Beanie could face the same charges if prosecutors decide to retry the case with a new jury. Sigel also still faces sentencing on July 8 after pleading guilty last week on an unrelated gun charge." - MTV NEWS

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i believe he is arrested for the fact he hasnt paid the childsupport/alimentation to his former wife and his child... if that is true he is less than a man i thought him off..

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Fade said:
Maybe he didn't "really" get arrested. Maybe it was part of a video shoot and nobody noticed the camera crew!
yeah sure fade prolly america's most wanted lol

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
I'm sure his baby mamma is just some gold-digger, I don't think the god would disrespect unless it was deserved...

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It doesn't take 3- 4,000 a month to raise a child. The child support system is kinda unfair to guys who once made a good amount of money but don't have that type of doe now!! Sometimes it's cheaper to keep her!!

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Nah... he was pissed at ghostface for putting that "Tush" song on the album (he thought it was lame as fuck) so he staged an arrest so he wouldnt have to perform.

I hope..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
jaydub23510 said:
It doesn't take 3- 4,000 a month to raise a child. The child support system is kinda unfair to guys who once made a good amount of money but don't have that type of doe now!! Sometimes it's cheaper to keep her!!
dam...thats real tho huh!?

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
child support is a scam

if that is true he is less than a man i thought him off..[/QUOTE said:
yo rigor it dont make him less of a man IF that is the case.... like jaydub said... the system is fucked for men in that situation, i am not one of them, thank fuckin god ... but one of my best friends ism and this mug is allways gettin fucked on his shit and amount keeps goin up, problem after problem... and this guy really is an honest mug allways paying on time and allways buyin his kid two of everything so he can have one at his moms and his dads.... and his baby moms is busy goin out to clubs, rollin in a supa fly whip she cant afford, buying expensive ass gear... etc etc.... i would flip and kill a bitch if i had to put up with that or any of the numerous other peeps i seen get fucked by the courts for child loot.... because it will never go to the child wholely...

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
and his baby moms is busy goin out to clubs, rollin in a supa fly whip she cant afford, buying expensive ass gear... etc etc.... i would flip and kill a bitch if i had to put up with that or any

A yo, we we start making that money and fucking them groupies, wrap it up!!!

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Rakim has been cleared.

The MC appeared in Suffolk County Family Court Wednesday afternoon (April 28) with his lawyer, Robert Kalina, and provided documents proving he was not delinquent in his child-support payments, according to Kalina. A clerk for the court was not at liberty to comment on the details of the case.

Around 11 p.m. Tuesday night, just as Rakim (real name William Griffin) was about to enter Roseland Ballroom to appear onstage at a Ghostface concert, he was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court nearly three years ago, relating to a charge that he failed to pay child support. After providing the proper documentation in court, Rakim was released.

Rakim's manager and business advisor both said their client was erroneously arrested; Kalina said he was bewildered by the arrest as well.

On Wednesday morning a woman calling herself Nicole Smith and claiming to be the mother of Rakim's child phoned New York radio station Hot 97 and was interviewed by morning-show hosts Miss Info, DJ Envy and Ebro Darden. Smith also claimed to be an employee of the Suffolk County Court.

"[The police] were looking for him. They knew he was coming to perform," she said. Smith painted a picture of the legendary MC as a poor provider and claimed there were orders in Suffolk County and Connecticut for him to pay nearly $25,000 in child support.

At press time, Rakim was unavailable for comment and had not released an official statement.

ill o.g.
gram green said:
...one of my best friends ism and this mug is allways gettin fucked on his shit and amount keeps goin up, problem after problem... and this guy really is an honest mug allways paying on time and allways buyin his kid two of everything so he can have one at his moms and his dads.... and his baby moms is busy goin out to clubs, rollin in a supa fly whip she cant afford, buying expensive ass gear... etc etc.... i would flip and kill a bitch if i had to put up with that or any of the numerous other peeps i seen get fucked by the courts for child loot....

Thats why you hear about these childrens father kidnapping the kids and leaving the mother behind all alone.

They aint killin the kids. They problem chillin out in mexico havin a extra long vacation.

C

Copenhagen

Well, if he could provide documentation and was released, then it seem that she is just some money hungry bitch trying to sqeeze every penny out of him, and who is trying to ruin his rep.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I know a person who owes tens of thousands of dollars in child support, and the shit has never been fair... basically, the system gives the female full custody (that's ok, she went through the labor, I understand..) free support enforcment, but the money and years that he spent to just get my visitation rights set are NOT under such free enforcement, he would have to go back to court just to make the bastards enforce the rights that they laid into effect, and even then, it's a free country for her, they wouldn't take her to jail or anything like that to make her hold up her end of the bargain...

He pays his child support as absolutely consistently as he possibly can, but they are always and forever, constantly trying to get more out of his ass... It goes up all the time without his knowing! Then they put a lean on a broken down car so he can't trade or sell it should he decide to ride the bus and use some money to better himself, they have stolen rent/bill money out of his bank account, sent police knockin at his door, taken his drivers and business licenses, and overall failed to at least try to work with him in any way shape or form when he was unemployed. Shit, his old support enforcement officer used to make fuckn fun of him for being a broke muthafucka...

The woman whom is the mother of his child (that he hasn't seen for 3 years) left him to get pregnant again and again only to live on dshs and neglect the rights of those fatherS as well.

I personally think that each case of every parent should be weighed out in full before they set any judgment based on paternity or payment schedules... but that's just my opinion.

So please don't think that just cuz someone owes child support makes them any less of a man in any way... some of us just tryin to get by and have made mistakes. I can see providing support for my child in any way I can, but feeding his moms drinking/drug/ or "give all my money to my latest drunken abusive bastard of a boyfriend" fund shouldn't be factored in... they should come up with somethin like child support food/clothing stamps lol

ill o.g.
His old girl IS just money-hungry. Rakim WAS payin the bills.
UPDATE:

"NEW YORK — Rakim has been cleared.

The MC appeared in Suffolk County Family Court Wednesday afternoon (April 28) with his lawyer, Robert Kalina, and provided documents proving he was not delinquent in his child-support payments, according to Kalina. A clerk for the court was not at liberty to comment on the details of the case.

Around 11 p.m. Tuesday night, just as Rakim (real name William Griffin) was about to enter Roseland Ballroom to appear onstage at a Ghostface concert, he was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court nearly three years ago, relating to a charge that he failed to pay child support. After providing the proper documentation in court, Rakim was released.

Rakim's manager and business advisor both said their client was erroneously arrested; Kalina said he was bewildered by the arrest as well.

On Wednesday morning a woman calling herself Nicole Smith and claiming to be the mother of Rakim's child phoned New York radio station Hot 97 and was interviewed by morning-show hosts Miss Info, DJ Envy and Ebro Darden. Smith also claimed to be an employee of the Suffolk County Court.

"[The police] were looking for him. They knew he was coming to perform," she said. Smith painted a picture of the legendary MC as a poor provider and claimed there were orders in Suffolk County and Connecticut for him to pay nearly $25,000 in child support.

At press time, Rakim was unavailable for comment and had not released an official statement."
-MTV NEWS

The God is The God once again.
Im glad to hear that.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
gram green said:
if that is true he is less than a man i thought him off..[/QUOTE said:
yo rigor it dont make him less of a man IF that is the case.... like jaydub said... the system is fucked for men in that situation, i am not one of them, thank fuckin god ... but one of my best friends ism and this mug is allways gettin fucked on his shit and amount keeps goin up, problem after problem... and this guy really is an honest mug allways paying on time and allways buyin his kid two of everything so he can have one at his moms and his dads.... and his baby moms is busy goin out to clubs, rollin in a supa fly whip she cant afford, buying expensive ass gear... etc etc.... i would flip and kill a bitch if i had to put up with that or any of the numerous other peeps i seen get fucked by the courts for child loot.... because it will never go to the child wholely...

Yeah your right, we dont know the situation so best not speculate. Whatever the case I wish him the best and i hope he will drop a tight album for us to check out.

members online