Rakim Leaves AfterMath

• beat this! voting starts in...

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Over the past 3 years..Rakim has been one of the artists who fans have eagerly anticipated_ his album.

The fact that legendary producer Dr.Dre was behind his Oh My God project only left fans to expect a classic album with infectious beats and on point lyrics.

Rakim fans have been disappointed_ once again.After waiting more than 2 years for his Oh My God album to be released by AfterMath..Rakim has left the label.

His spokesperson claims it was due to creative differences

Alot of people speculate that Rakim was having a hard time creating a commercial album and this lead to _differences between Interscope / Aftermath.

Rakim still claims he will drop an album this year but not under Aftermath/Interscope Records.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
that pairing never really made much sense to me.... he should hook up with hi tek or premier... rocafella would actually work well..... just keep the cameos down.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yep I agree with Truth Told, mean I don't understand why Rakim would have even signed with Dre anyhow except money motivations and Dre's name....nothing on Dre but I would have expected him to have kept his production closer to some DJ type producer closer to his beginnings a more orthodox hip hop producer, not gangster rap crossover to whatever is hot producer.... I still predict him to have a hot album regardless now....there a lot cats that would fit his style and let him have complete control over lyrical content, he might not get the Big money upfront but I think this was a blessing in disguise for th R

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I too didn't think very much of the colab but I tried to stay optimistic. Knowing Rakim, he will come back with some tight ish though. I just hope his upcoming album doesn't reflect his lack of time to complete it and it sound like it was rushed.

--dac

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
No disrespect to Rakim...his time has come and gone....He was the greatest at one point but hip hop is on a different level now

P

PikDaNapS

Did Rakim even release an album on Aftermath? i aint hear shit

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
sad to hear..Dre's production with Rakim's flow woulda been ill..but i bet Dre wanted Rakim to do some lyrics which were definetely out of character..as for his time being over..what a bunch of ish..if you listen to his rhyme scheme it's still one of the sickest..and plus he actually knows now to write a consistent song..the only thing he needed was dope beats..thats's why it's too bad this collaboration isn't going to happen.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hardboiled I am with you on that one, his flow and writing are emulated over and over and to be honest what he talks about are timeless for the most part, mobb deep and nas use the same type of flow along with a few others so he definitely showed how to be smooth yet use intricate wordplay....definitely a legend and pioneer in hip hop......but I think the time being over thing is you probably won't see him all over every mag like 50 or Jigga and touring all over....no matter how hot his next album is....thaz probably the point....

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i dont know if RAKIM could really make an impact, only real hip hop heads would check it out and enjoy iot if it was worth something, it would be denounced by the mainstream, he needs to pick about 4 producers and kill it like that that half dre half premo idea was good, it just seemed unlikely, he needs to do it illmatic style and leave the focus on the words not the production...speakin of NAS excuse me yall while i go buy I AM.... for the 3rd time.

members online