Random Realization - Interested in Hearing from Non-USA heads

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ok so I live in NJ. And this is something that's common and slightly annoying but you can go to a supermarket or small store usually on weekends and find kids asking for money. It can be girl cheerleaders, boy scouts, etc. But its usually one or two adults and several kids. They block the entrance so you HAVE to pass by them. The have a bucket and literally ask for donations. They're not selling anything or doing anything, they literally ask for free money.

Then it occurred to me recently..... This HAS to be a completely American thing.

To teach kids at a young age that THIS is how you raise money lol.

Not by making something, even some cheap bullshit, but SOMETHING in exchange for money.

No, we teach our kids that you can just block a busy store entry and ask for money, and in the states this is totally common and we're all OK with this.

Theres no way this happens in most other countries, i'm certain of this. Only in the usa where we are all lazy cunts would we have the audacity to make begging Ok lol.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
We have that in our grocery stores as well, however usually the kids will bag groceries instead of just standing there. I usually give them 1$ or something if they bag it properly, or if it's for a good cause.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Yea it's the doing nothing in return for something part I'm questioning here.

And also, I don't mean poverty areas either, I'm talking about middle/upper-middle class areas where there is no legitimate reason to justify nothing for something.

Maybe we are all lazy assholes though lol

I was reading this post while sitting in traffic today, and while I was reading it there were some kurdish kids cleaning car windscreens, they always come over and start cleaning your window even if you tell them not to, I had to get slightly aggressive to get them to fuck off.

You will be surprised to know that a lot of the UK attitudes mirror that of the USA.
We have beggars, sex slaves, pickpockets. Since we opened our doors to the world and let anybody in, things got a lot worse.

As for lazyness, and entitlement. Its fucking shocking how lazy, ignorant & stupid many of the kids are when coming out of school, hell, a lot of them cant even read(which begs the question, what the fuck were they being taught for all those years?), many of them(and hip hop culture has a part in this) cant even talk properly or dress properly or write properly and wonder why they cant get a job.

When kids realise they are not going to be the next Justin Beiber, they give up on ambition, because the hope of being a celebrity is the only hope they had. So these kids fall back on the social care option, becoming slaves to the state, totally dependent and a sense that they are entitled to take from a system that they have never put into. I know I sound a bit right wing, but the fact is I dont take sides on politics, I would rather see the whole picture than one side, you get a better view of reality that way.

The sense of entitlement to a free life is the worst part of a social care system that is set up to help those in real need of a safety net until they can get back on their feet.

Society is fucked, and its getting worse, but I get called a conspiracist when I say its by design.

There are many factors that give kids a sense of entitlement to what isnt earned, thats the real problem.

And to add to that, since the birth of the internet there is no denying that we are getting fucking lazy, I know because it has made me lazy to an extent too. To deny that would be hypocritical of me.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
I was reading this post while sitting in traffic today, and while I was reading it there were some kurdish kids cleaning car windscreens, they always come over and start cleaning your window even if you tell them not to, I had to get slightly aggressive to get them to fuck off.

You will be surprised to know that a lot of the UK attitudes mirror that of the USA.
We have beggars, sex slaves, pickpockets. Since we opened our doors to the world and let anybody in, things got a lot worse.

As for lazyness, and entitlement. Its fucking shocking how lazy, ignorant & stupid many of the kids are when coming out of school, hell, a lot of them cant even read(which begs the question, what the fuck were they being taught for all those years?), many of them(and hip hop culture has a part in this) cant even talk properly or dress properly or write properly and wonder why they cant get a job.

When kids realise they are not going to be the next Justin Beiber, they give up on ambition, because the hope of being a celebrity is the only hope they had. So these kids fall back on the social care option, becoming slaves to the state, totally dependent and a sense that they are entitled to take from a system that they have never put into. I know I sound a bit right wing, but the fact is I dont take sides on politics, I would rather see the whole picture than one side, you get a better view of reality that way.

The sense of entitlement to a free life is the worst part of a social care system that is set up to help those in real need of a safety net until they can get back on their feet.

Society is fucked, and its getting worse, but I get called a conspiracist when I say its by design.

There are many factors that give kids a sense of entitlement to what isnt earned, thats the real problem.

And to add to that, since the birth of the internet there is no denying that we are getting fucking lazy, I know because it has made me lazy to an extent too. To deny that would be hypocritical of me.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well we don't have people just randomly blocking store entrances asking for money. They're outside near the door or whatever, but it's not like they're in your face. And I don't see kids.

Usually what we have here is mainly around the holidays, kids packing groceries for charities or to go on a stupid fucking trip to Europe or some shit. The only time I give them money is if it's going to a homeless shelter or for any shelter for that matter. If it's for them to get new soccer jerseys or go to France, fuck off.

They never fucking pack my bags right anyway.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Well we don't have people just randomly blocking store entrances asking for money. They're outside near the door or whatever, but it's not like they're in your face. And I don't see kids.

Usually what we have here is mainly around the holidays, kids packing groceries for charities or to go on a stupid fucking trip to Europe or some shit. The only time I give them money is if it's going to a homeless shelter or for any shelter for that matter. If it's for them to get new soccer jerseys or go to France, fuck off.

They never fucking pack my bags right anyway.
Yea I mean if they bagged groceries I'd at least they're doing something for that money. Bro they literally stand there and ask on the way in. And they ask again on the way out half the time. It's like, yo the least you can do if you're gonna beg for free money is remember my face for 15 minutes lol.

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
We have that in our grocery stores as well, however usually the kids will bag groceries instead of just standing there. I usually give them 1$ or something if they bag it properly, or if it's for a good cause.

Tu va au Iga pis Metro big??? lollll

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
yo the least you can do if you're gonna beg for free money is remember my face for 15 minutes lol.
Ya! Well I got that a bunch of times when the Red Cross is asking for blood donations. I walk by, I tell the girl "no", then on my way back 10 minutes later, they ask again!

But ya for change, actually there are some but it's not right in your face. At least be homeless, not just some random person asking for money. Dance for me or something. Do the jig. Or do this:

hit-me-with-a-quarter-665x600.jpg

members online