Rap Songs That Get "Emotional"?

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
was listening to some old ghostface and i was trying to think of some songs where artists shed their tough guy image to share their true emotion.

so what are some of your favorite rap songs that get a little emotional? from love, heartbreak, bullshit, anger, whatever... i know there's a lot of them! POST AUDIO TOO if you want

Ghostface - All That I Got
Ghostface - I can't go to sleep
De La Soul - Trying People
Jay Z - This Can't be Life

de la soul - trying people.mp3 - 4.15MB

jay-z_-_dynasty_roc_la_familia_2000_-_05_.mp3 - 6.60MB

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I would say that Ghost - All That I Got is the saddest Hip Hop track I can think of.

Ice Cube - Dead Homies

Pharcyde - Passing Me By

Wu Tang - Tearz

Pete Rock and CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y.

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2pac- so many tears
Nas- Dance(the song about his mother passing)
Snoop Dogg- loosen control
Game- Doctor Advocate and like father like son
Prodigy -Never feel my pain and Veteran Memorial
Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg and the Dogg Pound- Bitches ani't shit
Biggie- Fucking U tonight

Just to name a few.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Tupac - "I aint Mad at Cha" Is a track I think everyone can relate to. Im not talking about one of your boys getting shot but how you can be best friends for years, and as soon as one of you try to grow up or better your life, you grow apart and go your seperate ways. That song always gets me thinking about friends and family.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
This was one I found in my collection. I forgot about this CD. Shyheim. I don't know how successful this disc was but I ended up with it. I wasn't a hardcore Wu fan. After Forever I bought all their stuff but I never listen to any of it. And I didn't get off into too many of the offspring. I tried Shyheim and Killarmy and La the Darkman.

http://www.ominousred.com/audio/Sad_Manchild.mp3

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I'd have to past on listing the 2pac ones as he as so many, '' Still I Rise '' is probably one of my favourite ones though but the original version.
Here is a good ones that i can think of at the moment, which you may have heard or not done before.

Napoleon - Never Forget (2pac Tribute)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWp-Y1cIpk"]YouTube - 2Pac Tribute(Napoleon-Never Forget)[/ame]

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i would say pac and ghost pretty much own this category ... them dudes def let all the emotions out on the track.... this is gonna sound funny, but master p is pretty emotional too ... i was a fan of alot of the earlier no limit stuff and he always put alot of emotion into his work even though his lyrics were wack.. but u could def feel his emotion on the track.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
i think theres a difference between emotional songs and personal songs though. alot of rappers have personal songs but an emotional song.. maybe only a handful. not many rappers can show that kinda emotion in their voice. the only one i can think of off the top of my head is dear mama by tupac

members online