Real Talk From Former Guns N' Roses Manager On The Music Biz

• beat this! voting starts in...

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Alan Niven managed Guns N' Roses from their start to their superstardom. He also managed a couple other successful bands. But don't think this thread is just for rock fans.

This is the realest talk I've heard on the internet about the BS that goes on behind the scenes that no one really talks about. (Fred Savage, you can call me odd, but my cocaine and marketing budget in another thread may actually be true ;))

So here's some real talk from Alan Niven. Look at how he made fake indie labels with the help of Geffen Records to create buzz. How he manipulated the media. How he even hardballed David Geffen into giving Guns N' Roses a renegotiated royalty rate on their contract after just one album, when so many other established artists have failed.

You wanna talk about how you're supposed to think in the music industry? Listen to this dude for about an hour and it will wake you up if you haven't already experienced the harsh reality of the music biz and what it takes to survive: balls, wits, strategy and more balls.

He also goes into how stupid people in the industry are and how they literally have to be dragged by the balls to do things they otherwise wouldn't. Remember, sometimes it's not just you, it's them.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Thanks GOD. Really good insight into the biz listening to Alan.

members online