Reason 3 Issue Fixed - Driver Problem - Do I Need A Different Soundcard ???

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I Just Noticed -

With my EMU 1212m - you have to have your audio driver set to "Emu Asio" in order for your soundcard and its VST and for your cards inputs to record right.

i.e. - when using cubase or such - in order to record my racks and turntable - i need to be using this driver.

But when i run reason with this driver - SNAP crackles..
after 3 instruments and some FX - withint reason.

But out of curiosity...i changed my driver to "Asio Full Duplex" and Reason is louder and clear and NO pops..or crackle or digital distortion.

I mean - the demo song that loads with reason wouldnt even play without popping with the EMu Asio - but i play it now..and its perfect.

Well catch is - I cant record/run my racks properly if im using this driver

so im stuck...just use reason alone - or just use my racks alone.

But my whole point of getting reason is to use it AS a rack WITH my racks.

But this doesnt seem to be happening.

Any one know a fix?

Either way - which of you can properly run reason 3...with more than 3 combinators loaded - or without know popping - AND still record external audio sources - all within the same driver ?

And which driver/sound card are you using ?

Im about to make a switch...early.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Emu 1212m + Reason 3 = SNAP CRACKLE POP FIXED !!!!!

As you know Reason Freaked Out On Me when i was using "Emu Asio Driver" with it - (i HaVE to use this driver for my card)

The problem was my latency in the control panel - I set it to as low as i could (2ms) but this means nothing..lmao

I adjusted it up to 5ms...and now reason works perfect.

Just wanted to let yall know if u had a similar situation.

and NO it isnt your card - its the settings.

PZ

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Too bad we couldn't help you out here but I'm glad you got it fixed regardless. Cracks and pops are hard to pinpoint a lot of times, I wouldn't have thought of latency as the first option!

members online