Reason 4.0 Fans Only!!!!!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Post what you like so far with the release of Reason 4.0!

ReGroove Mixer:

This is a real nice addition to reason IMO If you like that old MPC60 swing you'll love this new feature.
It has all the MPC 60swings as a patch for the regroove. You can also create your own swing patches.

1) Sample a section of a tracks swing that you like (preferrably a drum heavy section) load it in to any of the samplers within Reason

2) Record it on a track in the sequencer

3) Right click on the track and scroll down to "get groove from clip"

4) Open your ReGroove mixer if it's not already up and you'll see "user" and a number in the groove brower window for A!

5) click edit in that groove channel and the tool window will open

6) scroll down to the groove patch section and click the save icon

7) name the groove and click save

I recommend creating a folder within the reason folder or on your desk top to save your created grooves to.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1

ReGroove Mixer:

This is a real nice addition to reason IMO If you like that old MPC60 swing you'll love this new feature.
It has all the MPC 60swings as a patch for the regroove. You can also create your own swing patches.

1) Sample a section of a tracks swing that you like (preferrably a drum heavy section) load it in to any of the samplers within Reason

4) Open your ReGroove mixer if it's not already up and you'll see "user" and a number in the groove brower window for A!

I recommend creating a folder within the reason folder or on your desk top to save your created grooves to.

thats a dope ass tip, good drop.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

ReGroove Mixer:

That's sounds impressive. I may have to fuck with reason.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

ReGroove Mixer:

You would have to made it into a rex file first before you can get the groove.
Just a wave file will not work.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
You would have to made it into a rex file first before you can get the groove.
Just a wave file will not work.

That has not been my experience! The main thing you want to do is to include as many sixteenths notes as possible in the source clip. That's the reason that I said make sure it's a loop that's drum heavy! That insures you get the correct hit points to carry the groove through out. If the sample has instrumentation that may mask the drums, the groove will have missing points so it'll groove in some sections and not in others. Using recycle to make sure you get the slices on the drum hit points will help in insuring you get the groove throught out the loop but it's not necessary. If you sample a drum heavy section of the source material you'll extract the groove with no problems.

YOU CAN ONLY GET THE GROOVE FROM THE DRUM PATTERN OF THE SAMPLE. WHICH IS YOUR REASON FOR WANTING THE GROOVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That has not been my experience! The main thing you want to do is to include as many sixteenths notes as possible in the source clip. That's the reason that I said make sure it's a loop that's drum heavy! That insures you get the correct hit points to carry the groove through out. If the sample has instrumentation that may mask the drums, the groove will have missing points so it'll groove in some sections and not in others. Using recycle to make sure you get the slices on the drum hit points will help in insuring you get the groove throught out the loop but it's not necessary. If you sample a drum heavy section of the source material you'll extract the groove with no problems.

YOU CAN ONLY GET THE GROOVE FROM THE DRUM PATTERN OF THE SAMPLE. WHICH IS YOUR REASON FOR WANTING THE GROOVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I though you were just loading a loop.But your way works too

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
shit

omg

shit

that is fucking BIG

and then apply that groove to say a melody you have made on a synth or whatever?

if so

that is EVEN BIGGER!!!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
shit

omg

shit

that is fucking BIG

and then apply that groove to say a melody you have made on a synth or whatever?

if so

that is EVEN BIGGER!!!!

yeah man, it will allow that synth or what ever to ride the track flawlessly! Shit will be in the pocket!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
That feature was in 3.0 0_o

Not with the "regroove mixer" but you could definately do this, cuz i have a bunch of old MPC swing settings on my harddrive :)

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What can i use VST or Insert wise to achieve this groove/swing/swap and steal function for like ableton live or FL studio ?

members online