Reason and Cool Edit Pro..

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just wanted to ask if I could rewire my Reason Beat into Cool edit pro, and use cool edit pro to drop the vocals thru my Mic input (using Moble Pre Usp external audio card)

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Simple answer: NO, because Cool Edit does not support Rewire.

Save yourself the hassle of Rewiring, just export your song as a wave file from Reason, then bring it into Cool Edit and drop it into a track before recording your vocals.

Take care,

Nick

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Nicks right!

Thats all you really have to do - that prgm iz fully capable of performing things just like that...As a mattera fact that was tha first thing ever tryed doing on it - it works like a charm!

Steeze

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
so i have to record it as a wav file and drop the contents into the edit pro program?

C

Copenhagen

Correct. And with CEP, you can record each track from reason and mix it in the multitrack editor, together with your vocals...if that is needed.

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Seems like CEP is the shhh. I want to get it, but can't find it. I know Adobe put out Audition which is the samething. Anyone knows where I can find the last version of CEP? I tried ebay, but didn't trust it. Thanks in advance!

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Syntrillium doesn't exist anymore, it's now Adobe who handles everything. You'll have to buy it from them...if you do buy a second hand copy off someone, make sure to ask Adobe about transferring the license into your name and see if there are any fees involved.

Mr. Black,

You don't have to actually 'record' your audio from Reason into Cool Edit, you should only have to export the audio from Reason, save it as a wav file on your hard drive, then import the wav into Cool Edit.

Take care,

Nick

D

DJlow2

get acid pro 4.0... much easier track layout interface.

-Dj Low 2

members online