Reason must have's

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Maybe this may end up a sticky, but can all reason users list their Reason system must have tools: Hardware (list brand and models), refills, tutuorials, books, websites. I'll start it off with my short list:

1. IllMuzik.com membership
2. 3.0 upgrade (yet to do)
3. Midi Keybord (Maudio-25 key for portability/Maudio 61 key for composing)
4. Recycle 2
5. Sample CDs (i like bigfish.com)
6. High speed internet (for tutorials on youtube and other places and finding free sounds)
7. 1Gb ram
(8. Midi triggering pads- Any suggestions i need the advice)

I could go on but will stop for now.I think this'll help any newbies as well as vets. just my humble opinion.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
1. Reason 3
2. Recycle 2.?
3. Adobe Audition
4. Maudio Ozonic
5. Maudio Trigger Finger
6. Sonic Refills- Like three of them
7. 1G Ram
8. Foxtex Digital Recorder. 8 channel Mixer
9. 2 Condensor Mics
10.2 Turntables (dont know the brand name off the top of my head)
11.Storm 3.0

its really not what you have its how you use it.

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well you can't use what you aint got. But I know what u hitting at. So you think turntables is a must have.

I forgot to mention:

Pro soundcard or Pro USB/Firewire sound box. (24 bit. but 16 will do)

27midwest1

I rock the M-Audio Axiom 49 that has the faders, knobs and pads built in; On top of Reason 3.0 (still need the upgrade), I run Recycle 2.1, Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1 gang of plugins, about 50 Gigs of samples, sounds, refills, and efx; Wavelab 5.1 from Steinberg and M-Audio Mobile Pre (which is not the best, but I'm saving to get a Delta 1010 or 1810 firewire interface.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Well you can't use what you aint got. But I know what u hitting at. So you think turntables is a must have.

I forgot to mention:

Pro soundcard or Pro USB/Firewire sound box. (24 bit. but 16 will do)

A turntable is good to have for sampling off records and if you want scratching samples.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
sample CDs = not a must

MUST:
Miroslav Refills
Sonic REality GOLD refills bundle
Illmuzik VIP membership
512mb of ram works like a charm for me :)

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
i think mainly, like any platform, it's about how interested are you going to become into your projects. an understanding of your platform, and reason is state of the art in my books, will get you anywhere your imagination and resources will take you.

1. dedication
2. imagination
3. resources
4. time (latin for chrono)
5. patience
6. intelligence
7. computer
8. reason
9. recycle
1. great computer setup w/ equipm.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
god damn everybody got recycle hook me up wit that shyt somebody

prose1

ill o.g.
Must have for reason

Man I'm tight wit money so I'll cut corners if I must. 1) Reason 3.0(yet to update) 2)recycle 2.1 3)protools 4)numark pt-01 turntable (need to find out how to sample records into reason) 5) sample cds the more the better

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
damn, just got hold of that miroslav joint but havent tested it, any good?

The percussions refill is a monster.

and the Ensemble strings are ill too.

don't sleep on the "bonus" sections in each refill

Daikomo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hells yeah i heard about that Phil Harmonik joint.. chiors, strings, percus..i heard it was a monster.. i mess with them SR. Refills but they sound so low.. and i can't get them as loud as i want them

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man I'm tight wit money so I'll cut corners if I must. 1) Reason 3.0(yet to update) 2)recycle 2.1 3)protools 4)numark pt-01 turntable (need to find out how to sample records into reason) 5) sample cds the more the better

Hook your table into protools to record, chop the sample in recycle, then use it in reason. Looks like you got all the tools you need right there.

members online