Reason-->Pro Tools

Soulja

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm getting ready to buy the software for my production. I need to know if I make my beats on reason can I then take them to the studio and load them in to pro tools.
If I cant do this with Reason what about Cubase or Sonar.

Thanks,
Bishop

numerike

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
No because Pro tools first of all uses different raw file format, second they both use different modules to create sounds. Reason has its own modules such as NN19, DrRex etc, however Pro Tools has their own VST format, which isnt even familiar with Cubase or Sonar as far as i know.

Your best bet is exporting each layer in MIDI, and Audio and then importing it into Pro Tools as the studio (which i wouldnt bother doing because it wont sound the same).

If your just wanting to master you track at the studio in pro tools then you can export each layer as .wav and then allowing for mastering of each track.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Doesn't Pro Tools 6.1 support Rewire? If so, he should be able to simply bring his Reason song file to the studio and load it into their copy of Reason (provided that they have Reason on their machines and a recent version of PT).

Nick

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Yup Vitaminman is right. Pro Tools does support rewire now. And if it didnt you could still dump every track to wav or aiff and get to work.

@numerike, different raw format? dont know what you're talkin about.