Reason Rewire to FL 4.5

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
First off: This can be done right?
Second: Heres tha big question...Tha only reason i even have intensions of rewireing to FL if possible...

Can you use tha swing in FL through Rewire to change tha sound in your Reason sequencer???

If not, oh well..Ill just have to wait for Reason to have real swing capabilities...

Steezo

O

onetildawn

I don't think that can be done with FL, but It would be hype for people who use both extensively. I've read about people using Cubase Sx > Reason > Ableton together, and they all perfectly sync up, now that would be dope.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
The new FL should be able to be rewired to reason, still havent got the newest FL and dont have reason so i'm nogt sure about the swing possibilities.. Maybe ask on the Fruity board, if they got a board?

C

Copenhagen

I downloaded FL's demo version, which includes plug-ins and everything, you just can't save, to test it out together with Reason.
Unfortunately, even though I'm running a P4 2,6ghz, 800 FSB, 1024 MB Ram pc, I experienced clicking sounds when I used 3-4 plug-ins or more. I don't know if I can adjust stuff in the setup to prevent this, cause it seems odd that my pc can't keep odd, especially when it's quite new.

O

onetildawn

I downloaded FL's demo version, which includes plug-ins and everything, you just can't save, to test it out together with Reason.
Unfortunately, even though I'm running a P4 2,6ghz, 800 FSB, 1024 MB Ram pc, I experienced clicking sounds when I used 3-4 plug-ins or more. I don't know if I can adjust stuff in the setup to prevent this, cause it seems odd that my pc can't keep odd, especially when it's quite new.

That problem is more than likely your Windows OS ( 98,2000,XP ) unfortunately people who choose to use computers solely as thier bread and butter beat makersshould at least know the "real" in's and out of thier computer. Have you tweeked your OS at all? If you haven't then that's most likely your problem right there. After you tweek you OS you should be able to run as many Plugin's as a 2.4 can handle ( which should be well over 3 )

I'm thinking you have XP, if you do you should check this site out. It'll kick the shit out of your OS and make it Better and Faster

http://www.musicxp.net/

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Or you can just adjust the buffer in the audio setting of fl studio the higher you put it - the less strain there is on your computer.

And to add I really cant see a good reason for reason and fl to work together, especially in the production of hip hop n rnb where there aren't many elements necessary for making a beat complete, its just more complications to the already overpushed brain. I usually just use two instances of fl studio, use one for the beat, and the the other to play instruments live.

C

Copenhagen

I'm very happy with using Reason and would have no need for FL if Reason supported VST/DX plug-ins. However, I would like to use these plug-ins I have in my mixes and FL is the cheapest option if I want to Rewire.
I am using XP, but am fairly new to it, which is why I still need to learn how to set it up for best performance. I'll check out that site. Thanks.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Thats exactly how i feel @ Krzy and Cope....

I really only like tha swing fader in Fruity and thats about it...Im a hardcore Reason user too and reason doesnt have that kind of swing capability...yes, it does have tha groove options where you can spuedo(how ever you spell that?) - swing yer beat like when you quantinize in reason, but its not as flexible and theres only like 3 settings that suck anyways in tha list of choices for grooves in reason....

Does anybody have a solution than or no?

C

Copenhagen

Duece, why don't you try out the demo and see if it works?

C

Copenhagen

Correct. Just so you know, the FL demo will not install in your software register. So remember where you installed everything, as you have to delete it yourself (incl. start menu links etc).

PushPlay

ill o.g.
so Anybody got any guides on how to hook these two apps together to make em work right? and what are the specs on your pc's that you are running to get a smooth transition??

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Have you tried the MPC swing template from Peff's site? Haven't tried rewiring Reason to FL. It surely kill the resources on my computer.

C

Copenhagen

...and I bought ProTools shortly after and rewire Reason to that, and use the VST to RTAS converter to use VST's/VSTi's...and without any clicking or anything (which happened when I rewired to Fruity).

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Pops and clicks

Copenhagen said:

Check you task maanger to see how much memory is being used when you have both of the programs running. If the processor isn't clipping then you definitly need to tweak the PC. Make sure that a song using both programs is loaded when you check this. Sometimes as the instruments are being used, it may cause to them clip.

C

Copenhagen

As I mentioned I rewire to ProTools instead, and record in there, and unlike with Fruity, I haven't experienced one problem. Thanks though anyway.

members online