Reason rewired to ProTools...Mono/Stereo?

C

Copenhagen

Hey.

I rewire Reason to ProTools, which means I often don't use a mixer in Reason, but just attach the stereo outs on whichever instrument I use to the stereo ins on the midi rack at the very top of the Reason rack, and rewire that to a stereo track in ProTools (which demands to mono tracks).
Couldn't I, in regards to drums and other similar instruments, just attach one stereo out in Reason and create a mono track in ProTools, as drums etc aren't usually in stereo, and thus save the space etc.
I believe I can do this, in theory, but it just sounds different when I do...like e.g. the drum lost some punch and became compressed or something.

Anybody know something about this???

Thank you ;)

Cope'

J

Jay George

Routing your instruments for usage with Reason/ProTools is pretty simple. Yes you want your drums in mono. It'd be faster and easier to just bounce the reason tracks seperately, but if you want to compose with protools and reason at the same time your idea works fine. I've tried it before, but once you start using effects its going to start bogging down your system.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I have yet to rewire Reason into protools...(still on the old 5.31 version dammit)....I rewired Reason to Fruity Loops and Sonar....anyhow....what I suggest is you always rewire MONO into Protools just how you explained then if you want duplicate the recorded channel and try using some Fx or panning to get the kick to have more punch...it will sound better than the mono version 9 out of ten times....it sounds like it has less punch because your stereo equivalent going in probably has a lil panning an difference so it sounds better...you just have to recreate that yourself if you have mono drum or channel....

members online