Reason Taking Forever To Load Samples.

ill o.g.
Has anyone encountered the problem of reason taking forever to load drums, samples, etc??? Cause I cant figure out why it takes forever for reason to load my drum sounds & samples. I have 3gb of ram and a dual core processer 2.0+ghz. Can anyone tell me why that is?? I dont have the reason update either could that be a problem also??

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think my internal drive is a 5400 rpm everything is on ym internal drive and the files are probably about 2mb at the most

Are you positive you dont have multiple tasks running in the background? or services that you dont use but are on that may be hogging up your processor?

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
your computer is just slow. my computer is pretty shit and takes a long time. maybe more memory. and your hard drive is 5400 rpm which would mean it's a laptop. or a 2.5 inch hard drive. desktops run at 7400 or something like that. just close all your programs, reformat your computer, put in more memory.

EDIT: ok nvm 3gb should be enough. maybe your computer has too much junk? you're probably using alottt of samples then. NNXT's dr rex and big drum sounds. it would take long then. try synths. much faster to load those patches. thor. or combinator without nnxt's in it.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Has anyone encountered the problem of reason taking forever to load drums, samples, etc??? Cause I cant figure out why it takes forever for reason to load my drum sounds & samples. I have 3gb of ram and a dual core processer 2.0+ghz. Can anyone tell me why that is?? I dont have the reason update either could that be a problem also??

Get a Mac son. That will solve your issues lol. I know some of you might not like that but its Real Talk.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I was thinkin bout that but after dealing with the reason problem I just went back to FL.

5400 rpms is not the best but it's not shabby either. All you probably need to do is Defragment both your internal and external hard drives. That will move the things you use the most closer to the edge and make them quicker to access. Cleaning up junk files and defragging your hard drives at least once a week and especially after adding things to them will help them run faster. U may want to look into getting a firewire 7400 rpm as well especially if you pull most things form your external. The faster the spin up time of the hard drive and the faster the connection (firewire) to you computer the better.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Defrag you hdd
it will take a while so maybe do it before you go to bed, or work, or anything where you wont be on your computer.

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

I've noticed that the larger my sample collection has gotten, the longer it will take Reason to open the browser to load new samples. It seems to me like Reason has to index all the files it will be browsing before it will open the window.

If I just right-click and load a blank ReDrum, the device loads instantly. But as soon I click a channel to load a sample, the spinning wheel of death takes over for about a minute....

Also, my collection of samples is around 60GB... so I expect it now.

Hamburgler

ill o.g.
Get 10k hard drive, little bit more expensive, and a lot louder. OR
do a striped raid set up with 2 hard drives.