Reason Technology Preview - Thor

dreddedblaze

ill o.g.
They need to offer an option that allows your to export each channel from each mixer individually without having to solo instruments and then exporting......

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i love reason and reason 4 should be sick but its sad how few people will even learn what this synth does...most ppl i know who use reason load stock presets and think its tweaking to change the attack envelope, when there is so much to do in the program..

also they gotta get their sound engine right...im not saying stuff sounds bad from reason, i've made some great combi synths with it, but everything coming out of that program has a particular reason grittiness to the sound i've always found a little annoying. i think if they step that up reason 4 will be hard to beat for a single vst package.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
your dollars are in the mail.
but forreaalllll most people claim to 'know' how to use all those knobs in reason. but they don't know what they specifically do. or else they'd be able to reproduce alotta sounds on a synth. producing a certain sound in malstrom isn't too easy and malstrom's pretty straight forward. if u compare maltstrom or subtractor to that. pretty insaneeee.

how about this. when this comes out, i'll make a sound on malstrom, and play it, and you replicate it on thor, and i'll give u a dollar.YEEIIIITE? peace

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
your dollars are in the mail.
but forreaalllll most people claim to 'know' how to use all those knobs in reason. but they don't know what they specifically do. or else they'd be able to reproduce alotta sounds on a synth. producing a certain sound in malstrom isn't too easy and malstrom's pretty straight forward. if u compare maltstrom or subtractor to that. pretty insaneeee.

how about this. when this comes out, i'll make a sound on malstrom, and play it, and you replicate it on thor, and i'll give u a dollar.YEEIIIITE? peace

you are such an example that really needs to buy a real synth...not a motif or something that fits a common hiphop outfit, but a really cracky old ass synth like a juno106 or even a simple monophonic synth and come back to the subject. The difference between you and people who do know "basic" functions regarding formant synthesis is experience...and being able to make practicle sense.

You dont know the functions ?

Why ?

For the record, i dont care, you wont pay anyone ( not that im taking it serious lol ) because the engine of thor works on different algorhytmns than malstrom. Id would otherwise be very lame to embed a new synth to reason which has the exact same osc's, filters etc like the malstrom, now that would be stupid (though many would still buy it).

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you are such an example that really needs to buy a real synth...not a motif or something that fits a common hiphop outfit, but a really cracky old ass synth like a juno106 or even a simple monophonic synth and come back to the subject. The difference between you and people who do know "basic" functions regarding formant synthesis is experience...and being able to make practicle sense.

You dont know the functions ?

Why ?

For the record, i dont care, you wont pay anyone ( not that im taking it serious lol ) because the engine of thor works on different algorhytmns than malstrom. Id would otherwise be very lame to embed a new synth to reason which has the exact same osc's, filters etc like the malstrom, now that would be stupid (though many would still buy it).

WAIT.

why would i need to buy a real synth again? do I claim to know how to do stuff with this? lol i dont even have a motif.

"being able to make practicle sense"... you mean practical? shit. don't talk to me about making sense if you can't spell 'basic' words.
and that shit was a joke. are you sober? taking all this shit seriously. paying a dollar to someone that learns. that sound serious to you? DAMM. you gotta chill. why are ppl on the internet so fuckin serious 24/7. congrats. you feel big now don't you.

mortan

ill o.g.
WAIT.

why would i need to buy a real synth again? do I claim to know how to do stuff with this? lol i dont even have a motif.

"being able to make practicle sense"... you mean practical? shit. don't talk to me about making sense if you can't spell 'basic' words.
and that shit was a joke. are you sober? taking all this shit seriously. paying a dollar to someone that learns. that sound serious to you? DAMM. you gotta chill. why are ppl on the internet so fuckin serious 24/7. congrats. you feel big now don't you.

haha..dayum! Cant agree with you more. You've so right!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i dont think there a lot of peeps on this board able to chill as much as i do lol, my english is okay, but im not an uk/us native so who really gives a ....

But still, fuck a motif, you havent heard a real synth so what are you really talking about?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I don't even know how to create devices in the the combinator, just use the NNXT and REDRUM.

?!?!?! are you serious?? ok.. well let me help you.

1. start by creating a combo

2. add a mixer any one will work.

3. add as many nn-xt, malstrom, subT, nn19 as you want.

4. pick your patchs for the devices and just fuck with shit..

thats combo 101 for you!

Word!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
"fuck a motif"

Ahmen, lol its all good people. I will tell once you hear a real analog synth you are hooked! i am working on my PAIA fatman as we speak.

im polishing/brushing the contacts on the arp lol