Reason to Pro Tools??? TRAKING OUT

ill o.g.
Does anyone know how I could rewire reason to pro tools soo that each one of my sounds have there own channels in pro tools....Like track 1 drums track 2 hihat 3 clap etc. then the instruments like strings bass and all that on their own channel.Does anyone know how to set this up in pro tools soo that EACH sound has its own channel????

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
The way I would do it... you'll have to bypass the Reason Mixer (if using one) and patch each module directly into the Audio Interface...

Sample:
With 1 ReDrum module, no mixer...
Press tab in Reason to see the back panels, cables, etc...
You would need to wire the output of the Redrum to Inputs 1 & 2 of the Reason Audio Interface... it has to be in pairs for Stereo... you can do the same with each sound from the drum machine if you want to route each one to a separate pro-tools track... just patch it from the "send out" of each one...
Then you need to setup the Rewire insert in pro-tools for each channel, you can route each channel from the Reason Audio Interface to an individual track in your pro-tools session...

Hope this makes sense, it's a little hard to describe it without doing it...

Peace.

www.myspace.com/sonicparadigmshift

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
rather than rewire it and eat all ur memory, bounce each track to its own wav file in reason (solo each instrument) then import them into pro tools.

works like a charm

Yup, and if ur computer isn't up to speed, rewire could fuck ur timing up