Reason users: i DO NOT feel sorry for you

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"recyle time stretch = trash"

what? the principals behind recycle are basically what all other time strech software is based of off. If you cant get recycle or .rex files to work you dont know what you are doing. Recycle always gives me better results the acid, sonar or abelton.

MastaMariucci

ill o.g.
I believe "Wonder", who made T.I.'s "What You Know" beat uses reason and used reason to make that beat. They had an interview on youtube with him. That should serve as an example of hat you can do with it right there.

DJ Increment

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
used reason 4 like 2 years ....yeah its good but i think its just 2 easy 4 me 2 just sit there tweaking away... hoping 2 crack it with out putting any real thought in 2 it ...so im a stick 2 my mpc ...but then u no how it is....what ever works...

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
The only reason why some people hate on people that uses software to make beats is because they're jealous. They spent thousands of dollars on their equipments and can't make anything hott while a person who spent let's say 50 bucks on a software and bangs out fire. I use both hardware and software so I'm not gonna debate over which is better. All I have to say is that it's the new age of technology so take advantage right guys?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
KurtisRich said:
The only reason why some people hate on people that uses software to make beats is because they're jealous. They spent thousands of dollars on their equipments and can't make anything hott while a person who spent let's say 50 bucks on a software and bangs out fire. I use both hardware and software so I'm not gonna debate over which is better. All I have to say is that it's the new age of technology so take advantage right guys?

lol, this new age technology is based on emulation of vintage gear, excluding sampling. In general its a price/quality concession so that you can enjoy a semi full setup even if you have one piece of hardware or not, but even good software performs best with good hardware ( audiocards ). Yes you can say that you can bang out beats with just the budget version of fl, hell I've runn FL5 on P1 and you couldnt tell the difference. This is all very relative but the example of hot tracks being released from a low budget setup always gets extra treatment down the studio during mixing and finalized during mastering, but how many have had that situation ( out of the gazillion producers at home worldwide )....

not many indeed.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
i feel sorry for reason users cause i can make the same quality beat as someone with reason who owns a bunch of hardware in like five minutes on FL. Plus i dont have to play shit. Reason is still the shit though, i love all their weird preset sounds that it comes with, that maelstrom is the shit too!

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
no crying here!!!!!!

yeah............. finally...wazsup everyone......im new to all this................i have no complants about reason3.0.............i love it ..... i finally got a beats on myspace..the structure is sloppy .but i made it all with reason.....theres only one beat on there for now check it out..................MYSPACE.COM/WAWBEATZ...... since i was introduce to reason2.5 .i had to get reason3.0.... i use reason for a good 2-3 years .and im always learning something new.......and wit the mclass suite in 3.0 its ill..... lol..illmuzik

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
WE HAVE THE OLD BEATS THAT WERE HERE MIX WITH SOME NEW ,ENDING IT WITH "ONE OT THESE DAYS"........ ON TRACK 1..........."CAN'T QIUT" IS ON NOW ..............THE NEXT TRACK THE SAMPLE IS A LITTLE SLOPY ....... IM JUST STARTING TO UNDERSTAND RECYCLE 2.O........ "R.I.P. falling victims" ............ IS dedicated to all the falling victims around the world!......."R.I.P falling victims"......................1 luv to illmuzik........and everyone on here!!! peace.................yours truly the............. "wizard"................

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I run reason 3.0

and have Motif ES, Fantom X, Triton Studio Refill (90 gigs)...

and i cant dare and wont dare ever say I "need" something ever again...

throw recycle in the mix to make drum kits, breaks, cuts

and its a WRAP.

D

DJjMC

I've been using Reason since the days of Reason 1.0!
Without Reason, I wouldn't be working as a producer/engineer right now.

Reason is a very powerful tool and I know why some people have a dim view on it!
Hours of programming and software development went into Reason to make it a 'virtual studio.' Because of these great efforts, producing music became (almost) effortless since you can make music in the comfort of your own home. In some people opinion, too easy to use = unprofessional. In my opinion, the development behind this software is amazing.
I still think that Reason is one of the easiest pieces of software to expand and make even more powerful (eg adding your own kits/samples etc).

Secondly, Reason is still 'software.'
I've known producers to assume that synths etc should be pure hardware whereas some sequencers should be software. Reason is available to download illegitimately for free, therefore some producers feel that people using Reason think they've become bedroom producers overnight!

My personal view is this: Reason has the ability to make almost any sound you can think of. It's just how you use it that can make Reason give you a mainstream release ready quality to a beginers bedroom quality.

Just because it's easy to get what you want, doesn't make this a kids toy!!
Reason is still today my favourite software!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Quote me on this....if I were in a fight as competitive as production...namely hip hop production...I would want every available weapon in the arsenal to win!...yeah I said it...hardware or software...samples or composing you gotta be versatile nowadays to get the job done.

T

The Bastard

Fade said:
Who the hell is complaining about Reason? I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain. Correct me if I'm wrong.
i think i mighta complained about it one time, lol, i like fl better,jus seems more practical,prolly the closest thing to an mpc,software wise

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:
i think i mighta complained about it one time, lol, i like fl better,jus seems more practical,prolly the closest thing to an mpc,software wise

im feelin Reason at first i didnt kno wut Reason was now that i did research im lovin it i use it as a sound module for my mpc 1k dangerous tag team

33LaRge

ill o.g.
thats what i noticed too Reason is crazy if my pac could handle id buy it oya and if i could afford it

members online