Reason Users: What bass patches do you use?

KEV31

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Lately i've been gettin into sampling records and choppin them up in recycle. I want to have a strong bassline that is recognizable. During the past few months, I've been through a few different patches in the subtractor. I Want to know if you have suggestons or some combinations that you could share. The Patches should go along with the sampled beats I make

Emeezy

Etrack Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
i havent really gotten too deep with bass sounds.. ive samples alot of em tho, if you are using a sample sometimes you can pitch it down and use that as a layer for your bass. in subtractor i have used hyperbottom. ive also used amazonas bass in malstrum, if you mess around with the settings you can get some good long bass with a punch. reason os great for taking a bass instrument and messing with the settings and making your own sound.

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would take a bass sample and EQ and comp it. I always find I can get a thicker more distinctive bass doing that than with reasons analog emulators.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use the chronic bass, la riot, hyper bottom, but thats mostly in composed shit for more naurtal shit i use the upright II bass in the nnxt.

drebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I use the chronic bass, the hyper bottom, and the filter wheel, also, both of the subs come in handy.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
the hyper bottem can be the shit..but i use alot of acoustic and upright bass sample in the nnxt and just tweak em.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
lol yea theres like a handful that are good that i use a lot with tweeks and woteva and sum that are just plain crap for hip hop anyway, im not guna say wot i use but most people have mentioned a few of them already lol ! the best bass i got is a sampled one though i use that a lot of time its pretty much spot on with very little EQ !

V

Vanquish

I mainly use hyper bottom but add effects to it to switch it up.

Vanquish

C

Carpe Diem

i switch between using the NNXT for acoustic style basses, and the Subtractor more deeper shit... being a primary garage producer, i know how to tweak bass sounds well etc, so its very rare that i use standard patches, all about creating your own sound, or tweaking others....

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
im surprised that people actually use the subtractor for bass.... its all about the NN19, ALL ABOUT IT!!!!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
hyperbottom. wit some tweaking it turns into a good subsine bass when applied wit low velocity.

i use others as well but i particularly like hyperbottom

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
i make my own, its funner and a better learning experience, i like to use subtractor, but malstrom is just as good, but more complex, i like my bass to sound like real bass but synthetic. im gonna check out this hyperbottom bass, havent really used any presets....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Haze47 said:
im surprised that people actually use the subtractor for bass.... its all about the NN19, ALL ABOUT IT!!!!
Aye dont sleep on the subtractor Hazey!.....I used to do the same thing but now its a huge tool to get subbass sounds that really fuck up yer speakers. Trust me man, the things very capable of making a perfect bass sound.