Reason vs MPC

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
^^^^
Well Put! lol.

Honestly Just having the option to make beats with the MPC or with Reason is productions main keys to being versitile. You have options to produce at two different methods.

and thats how i wanna do it ill keep my mpc between the refills n VSt who needs hardware

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Got stupid, bought the mpc 1/2K (my 3rd mpc) lol

It sequences my macbook pro running logic, exs24/ultrabeat and FL! Just to beat the issue of reason when taking hours to gain some convincing sound out of it, i'd stay on the somewhat unlimited and ever adaptive platforms without the need of support software to "complement" all the programs you use..

naaaah man!! 1 program + 1 mpc, no rewire crap nada...

my workflow isnt swopping in between various programs, windows etc, everything should be less to increase/improve your workflow while making yourself dependent on the most applicable, adaptable and supported daw.

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
ive just got an MPC1000, been usin FL and reaper for a while. and played with reason a bit

i dont want to be one of these MPC guys, but you really cant understand how great an MPC is until your using one. its amazin
and its not limited, everything i ever wanted to be able to do with software that i couldnt, i can now do so easily with an MPC

people say the MPC is limited, and software is so open, but really, what do u want to do with this? makes beats. and its so easy to make beats in an MPC, its jus so simple and intuitive, its weird

it is personal choice tho, doesnt matter as long as your comfortable and dont feel limited by what your using

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
i makes beats. and its so easy to make beats in an MPC, its jus so simple and intuitive, its weird

uh huh...it's great if you're a "beat maker" but if you're a producer it is in fact "limited", a good DAW can do 95% of what you want with the right VSTi's. The other 5% is your own creativitiy.

I've had my MPC2K since 96 so I can attest to it's limitations. I use to bang out "beats" with it when I used it exclusively but it wasn't until I got into additional hardware and then into software, that I went from "making beats" to producing songs.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
...but the options available in Reason are endless vs. an MPC being limited

Wow, that's a crazy statement.

To save us from a three page thread, let's just agree that Reason has limits too and some of them are quite illogical. - Especially for it to be at version 4.0. The same workarounds/fixes/adjustments/extra steps are just as easily utilized on an MPC.

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, workflow for workflow.
I say stick to your personal preferences and let that guide your decision(s).

but at least u can access and tweak ur beats and add things alot faster than the mpc and ur not forced to work with a lil tiny screen versus a regular computer moniter

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I thought about going strictly hardware, then I thought about it again, and said why learn something totally new if I already know my equipment now. So whit that being said, I decided to stay with Reason, got me a midi controller with the MPD 24 and I mix and master in PT.

members online