Reason VS. VSTI's

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Looking for a more fuller richer sound and i'm thinking of going from reason 2.5 to sampletank 2xl and battery. In cubase se. this should do the trick huh? Anyone ever left reason for VST's , and which one if so> TAK

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i used to use reason via rewire within sonar and it gave me access to alot of sounds (very few of which i used much as with most hip hop producers my compositions are rhythm based not huge string sections etc.)
i think it is more convenient using vst's and using cubase as your sequencer will definitively mean your sequencer will be more powerful. Soundwise reason is pretty good so it all comes down to you. I reckon it will improve your workflow tho

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
you gota make the sounds fuller your self in reason, i think in sampetank most of them have effects on them already, am not sure. anyway i prefer reason because its less of a drain on the computer, much more stable aswell. but if you got a powerful pc with lots of ram, sampletank would be nice.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
lol@fullness coming out of the box in a digital sound source...

you got to work those eq's man

sampletank is thin as it gets

but any sound can be made full

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
lol@fullness coming out of the box in a digital sound source...

you got to work those eq's man

sampletank is thin as it gets

but any sound can be made full

Word... One of the reasons I hated SampleTank 2 XL is cuz the sounds sounded dead and like garbage, but that was before I really learned how to use compression and reverb.

-Donovan

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Reason,Sample Tank, East West QL - you dont need but 1 of those - all dont hurt

ull find if u can make the sounds u want in 1- u can make em in others

and just stick to what u like and know best.

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cuz of this thread I reinstalled SampleTank 2 XL and I'm glad I didn't sell it, TONS of useable sounds if you know how to tweak your ish.

-Donovan

P.S. The track is hot

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Donovan said:
Cuz of this thread I reinstalled SampleTank 2 XL and I'm glad I didn't sell it, TONS of useable sounds if you know how to tweak your ish.

-Donovan

P.S. The track is hot

^^ thats true.. shit just Basic Stacking/layering..giving the sounds texture..but many people are too lazy to do that...i love just having the raw Bare Sound allows to me tweak it mold anyway i like.. i but i guess some people aint into that shit

DJ Increment

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah !!!to bad you couldnt just create ! with out the tweaking!!or may be just a little cause i end up tweaking in one big circle...but someomes got a do it !!!

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When I was ignorant and didn't know how to eq, compress, reverb, fx my sounds I'd make 3 beats a day and considered them cool... 1hr/beat...Not now.

I do one or two beats a day maximum, and that's 3-5hours for one beat.

You spend more time tweaking sounds than making melodies and patterns the better you get.

-Donovan

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No Doubt

Donovan said:

-Donovan

P.S. The track is hot

Good for you dawg, glad the thread was helpfull. I sure got a lot from you guys. I though something was wrong when i spent 4-5 hr on a beat. I 'm a spend more time tweakin eq, and reading up on compressor techniques, uses and tips. This was a good thread for me too. Big Help and encouragement

members online