Reasons Effects

sent_inc

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 15
Hey When using redrum how do you put effects on a single sample, like snares or bassdrum? When I add reverb its on the whole beat. Copenhagen I know you know the answer to this one.:D

C

Copenhagen

I don't know if you, like me, add an extra mixer to your 'main' mixer and then turn around the instruments via the tab button and draw cables between each drum on ReDrum to the extra mixer. If you do this, you just add a reverb to the extra mixer and turn up the knob at the top of the channel on the extra mixer where the drum is. If you don't, add a reverb to the main mixer and then turn up the 's-1' button on the ReDrum machine on the drum you wish to put reverb.
I hope you understand me, otherwise let me know...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah i think Copes right cuz i heard you really shouldnt connect other effects to random machines and just wrout them to tha mixer. (Something Ive been doing for a while, but never took tha time to do it tha right way till not too long ago).

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by DueceMade Ent.
Yeah i think Copes right cuz i heard you really shouldnt connect other effects to random machines and just wrout them to tha mixer. (Something Ive been doing for a while, but never took tha time to do it tha right way till not too long ago).

Really why not? Thats what the wires are there for. You can route stuff however you want. I have 10 Eq's hooked up to my Re-drum, one for each channel. All routed to a diffrent mixer of course.

C

Copenhagen

Sure, you can do it Some Guy, and if it works for you that's fine, I'm just sticking to some professional advice I've been given to always assign reverb and delay to the mixer because there's some delay on the effects if you attach them straight to the instrument or something like that.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
yeah, thats pretty much what i noticed too. Its not a dramatic delay, but enough to be anoying...Its kind of better anyways once you figure out tha flexibility of tha mixer and how it functions as a whole entire unit...I honestly have just started to utilize it to its fullest capabilities in tha proper way. Basically, just read tha manual and learn how to rout manually...It all comes together eventually and then your stoked.

members online