**Record Label Phone Numbers!!!***

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
does anyone know how i can find a list of record labels in a certain area? and some contact numbers. they dont have to be major labels. just record labels. thanx

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
has anyone here ever sent their shit off and if so has anyone ever gotten a reply from what i know it is best to send off to indie labels not the ones in fades list there is a much better chance of your soul not getting thrown on the scrap heap

C

Chaotic

Speaking from experience, most labels, probably ALL majors will not accept CDs from an artist, for both legal reasons and the obvious, thats what managers are for. Think about what the mailroom at Interscope looks like. Getting yourself a GOOD manager is almost as hard as getting a record deal though. But once you have one you'll be much better off.

P

pReMise

Join up with TAXI....its a music newsletter you can subscribe to for a PRICE that lists somethings record execs, artists, managers, are lookin for...its got listings for all genres, including hiphop of all sorts and just beats/instrus....do a search online for TAXI MUSIC NEWS...i dunno the actual site....my pops gets it every month tho......throws it my way......peace>prem

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
word up to Chaotic yo! that's the truth lol interscope. I luv interscope for being open towards talent, accepting "unsolitated mail" but still... watch out y'all! Remember the legal stuff

H

Holla

I have a few labels addresses and their perticular requirements if you want to send them demos. They're all pretty much the same: no more than 3 songs, snapshot of yourself, and a bio. I have bad boy, Arista, Laface, Interscope, and a few others. I've only sent stuff to Bad Boy and this other one called Bassline Studios. I originally sent Bassline 3 songs, and then they contacted me to send them more so Im hoping that it ends up a blessin to work with them. still waitin, but I have terrible patience when it comes to feedback on anything: job interviews, beatz, reports, anything lol. Holla at me on AIM if you want those addresses to send demos. my screen name is chazmens63. OnE

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Bassline is just a recording studio....that's where all the Rocafella artists record their stuff...Well most of it, at least when they're recording in NY, which is more often than not.

I don't see why a studio facility would want to get demo's, unless they're gonna shop your beats to artists who come through to record???

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Its almost impossible to get your music heard from sending a demo. I remember watching a show they had beanie (from the roc) on the show and he was saying "Man you should see what they do to your demos they got this hugh box sittin in the corner where they just throw your shit on top".I also remember an interview with nelly (i think) and he was saying that record compnies have these a&r who sit in these offices way in the back with head phones just listening to your shit, and if he likes it then the higher up will hear it but if he dont like it he'll throw it right in the trash.I think it was nelly driven on vh1. Its always better to get a manager and let him shop it for you. You can also shop it to smaller record companies somewhere where the company is just breaking on the sceen or a company that you will be able to bring on the sceen.