Recording PCM On Android Phone (Question)

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
I was recording some audio on my phone and was amazed with the frequency response of the tiny mic. Of course, it doesn't come close to real, dedicated microphones, but I'd still like to know if there's a way to record and save uncompressed audio files through an application. I've already tried one called "PCM Recorder", which did export uncompressed files, but the sound quality was actually far worse (sounded like the signal went through a low pass filter at about 10 kHz, even though I set it to 44.1 kHz, which would act like a low pass at 22.05 kHz).

The Google search results only return code examples and the aforementioned app. Also, the .ogg files that the stock app exports can't be played directly on my PC (they come out as noise), so I have to plug the output of my phone into the line in port of the computer and play them, but my internal sound card is garbage as it always adds some noise, so in the end it just comes out as a bad recording of Vorbis compressed audio.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Idk about any apps... but I frequently record acoustic guitar, kalimba, and other acoustic instruments on my iPhone through the stock voice recorder and have had decent results... I have a condenser mic, but most times I'm too lazy to set it up, so I just record thru my phone... I guess it really depends on what sound quality you're trying to achieve, and how you intend on using the recorded audio...

members online