Recording to the MPC

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I am having a problem with the recording input to my mpc.

I have my mpc hooked up to my mixer and the mixer to a turntable. When I hit mode - record to sample from a record only the left sound digits are showinf up on the frequency meter. There are a couple of digits on the right, but they are very faint.

Does anyone know what this is caused from? Could it be a setting that I accidently assigned? A connection problem? or cable issue? Let me know if anyone has run into this before or knows how to solve it. Thank you

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
You have to tell the mpc to record from both channels. its probley set one MONO L. I record everything in mono ( on my computer ) a mono sample takes up less space than a stereo sample. you can also speed up the sample on the turntable then slow it back down in the program

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Go into sample mode. Look at the screen. In the middle at the top you will see the word mode. If it says Lmono or Rmono then the mpc will only record on the assigned channel. Change this to stereo if you would like to record on both left and right channels (stereo). If that does not work then take your left cable and stick it in the right jack and the right cable in the left jack. Does the reading change from left to right? If so then you have to trace back to the source of your sound. Go to your mixer and check the balance knob or button or whatever and make sure that it is centered. If that is not your problem, then check the cables coming from your turntable itself. Switch them around and see if anything changes. Lastly; you should check the connections at your needle/cartridge. Depending on what type of turntable & cartrigde you have make sure that all of those little connectors are correct and in there proper place. If you switch the turntable cables and nothing happens then I would pretty much rule out the needle/cartridge part. If you switch the mixer cable and there is a change; then you know that problem stems from either your mixer or the cable itself.
If none of that works then you could have a problem with your mpc. (Hopefully not). I hope this helps. If I think of anything else I will let you know. I don't know of any way to adjust the input gain of each channel individually so troubleshopoting is your best bet.
ONE
ONE

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Phonetik said:
Could it be a setting that I accidently assigned? A connection problem? or cable issue?

To me it sounds like a cable problem, homie... Did u try alternating cables? Try the left cable in the right channel and see if it works... If it does than its a cable issue... I don't think it would be a setting but i could be wrong... So it's probably a connection or bad cable... Try messing with how the cable is connected also... Try pulling it out a little bit... Let me know...

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
word. in case anyone else has that same problem

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ya know to tell you the truth, I am not sure what the problem was, but when I turned on my mpc on again, the record settings were fine. I think it may have been something with the mixer cause I fussed with ti for a bit before I turned the mpc back on. Thanks again for the input yall. One

members online