Recording Vocals In Cubase

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
How come everytime I record a verse or something in Cubase SX it always ends up off beat and different from how I record it. I always end up moving the file but I'd rather not have to do this everytime I record......Anybody know what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Bosta

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, sounds like latency. What's your exact setup? What kind of soundcard? And what do you mean when you say the vocals come out "different"? Do they sound different?

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
sorry, i mean they come out of place - when i record, the vocals just come in late and i have to move the whole file back into place

im using a hp w/t 80gb hd - 512mb ram memory - and just a cheap soundblaster soundcard

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
thanks yall, i did a search for latency/cubase on the forums and I found that I needed to download the kx driver - fixed my problem

Thanks again!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL, I was just about to reply about the drivers. Didn't someone else on here have a problem like that recently with Cubase? I'm sure I saw something about the kx drivers.

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
ok now i have another problem - now cubase is not recording from my mic - the mic is on and i can hear my vocals but cubase is not picking them up anymore - it works fine in sound forge - ne suggestions ???