Recording

lijason

ill o.g.
I am having a problem with my setup. I have a USB Fast Track that's connected to my computer and I Just brought a Samson Mic that goes into the Fast Track and Recording with abelton Live 6. Now, my mic is not working with the usb. I do not know what could be going wrong because I am plugining everything in right - but for some reason I’ am not able to get any sound from abelton. Please Help!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Hmmmm good question, thats why Im movin this back to the top of new posts.. :D
I have no idea tho J unless its a setting inside the sftware itself..
When you unplug the mic and stuff does Ableton then make sound?
Make sure that you assign the mic input as well, I dont use ableton but in protools that is somthing that has happened to me in a duh moment.Sorta like why doesnt this make noise? oh yeah it aint on..Or the speakers arent on..
Good luck Im sure someone here may know better than I.

playah

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Does everything definately work? Like, does the output come out of the Fast Track headphones socket? Are you getting any indication of anything making noise in Ableton? (like a sound bar or something?) Have you told Ableton where to record from? All the drivers installed?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
OK first things first, define Samson Mic ?? is that a condenser or a dynamic mic? give the name of the module. if its a condensor mic besure you have the 48v phantom power pre amp turned on with the fast track. second are you even getting a signal response with the fast track you can tell if the green light is flashing. third be sure your audio preferences are set up correctly in Ableton. give some more detail if what i said didnt help let me know.

kontents.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think he has the USB Version of the Samson microphone. The best test is to see if he can record with another software like audobe audition or something. Make sure you have your audio in set to the Samson mic if it's USB but if you using Fasttrack you should have a option in the recording of audio preference for it.

members online