Remember The Name: Nicademus

D

djnicademus

Whats up, my love for music goes back to when I was about 10 or 11. It was then I started to make "pause tapes". For those who don't know "pause tapes" were a form of mixing, probably the lowest. haha...
When I got a little older I moved up to a radio shack 2 channel mixer, 2 dual tape decks, one turntable (belt drive!haha), and I took samples from tv. When we were old enough to drive I began selling tapes to my friends at school for their rides. Unfortunately I got side-tracked after that, got into drugs and alot of trouble. I got back into it in '99 as a mixtape dj. That got me some gigs doing small clubs, parties, ect. I just wasn't satisfied though. I got sidetracked again, got married, had a baby(now I have two little girls). But, I'm BACK! And this time I'm here to stay, I dropped about 4 mix cd's in the last year and I halted that to get more into producing, a natural progression of a dj I guess. I always wanted to produce but didn't know how to get started. I finally did about a month ago. Im probably using the crappiest equipment around but It's a start right? Money's kinda tight raisin' a family and all that. Right now I'm using a slow a-- computer, cool edit 2000, FL 3.5, 2 turntables, pioneer 4 channel mixer with beat matched effects, and two cd players. If you check out my soundclick page you will see the progress I have made in the last month (newest track is first).

www.soundclick.com/bulletproofrecords

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
whats up djnicademus,how you been.

D

djnicademus

Good man good. I've been workin on a bunch of beats at once lately. I find it easier that way cuz I've always got ideas running through my head so I'll just start another beat. I got this one I'm puttin the finishing touches on right now but my computer is so slow. Im having a rough time mixing it right because when I listen to it in FL I get a crap load of pops and clicks in the track cuz I'm all out of resources. needless to say this is the most complex track I've made. I did a bunch of layering on this one..... later I'll post It when its done and I hope you'll give me some feedback.

members online