remixes

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey if you guys want to make a remix to an acapella of a song, how would you guys go about doing this in reason, as reason doesn't have any capability to import audio. would anyone ever dare to import the song into a sampler and play it out like that? i have some ideas of some workarounds, but if anyone has come up with anything extraordinarily creative let me know. thanks

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
hey if you guys want to make a remix to an acapella of a song, how would you guys go about doing this in reason, as reason doesn't have any capability to import audio. would anyone ever dare to import the song into a sampler and play it out like that? i have some ideas of some workarounds, but if anyone has come up with anything extraordinarily creative let me know. thanks

Just because you don't see the words "import audio" under the file tab in Reason doesn't mean that you can't. You just have to "import audio" through one of your samplers (NN-XT or NN19) preferably the NNXT because you can do more with the wave file (acapella).

Just save the acapella as a wave file in a folder on your desk top or somewhere where it won't be moved (because if you move it Reason want find it and load it up the next time with out you telling it where to look). Load the NN-XT in your rack, click the extend tab where you see NN-XT remote editor, click the load sample folder icon and browse to your desk top or to where the acapella as a wave file is located.

Guess what? You just imported audio! Good look.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
haha aight, thats how i was doin it. just wanted to check if there WAS that import audio button somewhere. but yo another quick question about using the nnxt to 'import audio', is there a way where you don't have to start listening to the acapella at the very beginning in order to hear anything?

U have to clarify that question a little more homie..I'm not following u!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
haha aight, thats how i was doin it. just wanted to check if there WAS that import audio button somewhere. but yo another quick question about using the nnxt to 'import audio', is there a way where you don't have to start listening to the acapella at the very beginning in order to hear anything?

Thought about your question and I think I know what you're asking. You're refering to playback if I'm not mistaken.

How you have to start at the beginning or you won't here the sample or acapella. The answer is NO...that's one of the downfalls of doing remixes with Reasons. It doesn't actually record the wave file as a wave file. It will render it during export as a wave file but to play it back it's not actually recorded that way. Actually like a midi note start point that's recorded. If you want to start the acapella at any point I suggest Rewiring Reason to a program like Cubase, Sonar, Acid Pro, Nuendo etc, and have one of those programs as the master (Host).

I assume you built the musical track in Reason for the remix yes?....I know it can be a pain in the ass having to start from the beginning of the vocals each and every time. You could chop up the vocals to individual verses so you can start at the beginning of each verse. It takes a little more skill as far as placing the vocals though. It's actually better IMO because you have more control of the acapella.

Rewire Reason to a dedicated DAW for vocals and use the best of both worlds homie. It's what I do!

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
OK, now I know what he was sayin. Yeah, my advice would be to chop your acapella into different sections so that you can map them across different keys with different start points. I used to use that technique for arranging vocals on the MPC.

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the help.but ya reasons killing me in just getting all lined up. cause i was doing this remix for this track that has a 25 sec intro and i have to hear all that shit out everytime I attempt to get the acapella on point. i need to look into rewiring. i have acid and fl studio. i hear reason + fl is killer. but reason + acid sounds like a good combo for remixing. i need to figure all that ish out one of these days. sounds like a good investment for my time.

ya i'll probably just end up doing what you said thedreampolice, seems like the easiest way out. (and yo btw you got a typo in your sig).

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
thanks for the help.but ya reasons killing me in just getting all lined up. cause i was doing this remix for this track that has a 25 sec intro and i have to hear all that shit out everytime I attempt to get the acapella on point. i need to look into rewiring. i have acid and fl studio. i hear reason + fl is killer. but reason + acid sounds like a good combo for remixing. i need to figure all that ish out one of these days. sounds like a good investment for my time.

ya i'll probably just end up doing what you said thedreampolice, seems like the easiest way out. (and yo btw you got a typo in your sig).

yo....look into Ableton Live....the sequencer in it is like no other or arrange your songs. Remixing a track with it is a breeze. Rewire reason with it and you got a solid core. You can record vocals with Ableton as well.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
yo i got ableton live lite i believe with my midi controller, you think that'll do the trick?

That's not the full joint homie....u need the full version. You can test it out though....to at least see if you like it.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i usually just make the beat in reason and stick the acapella on there in my recording daw, apply reverb and such as i please, only slightly... the vocals are usually already mastered, i just give it a new feel the match the beat as if it was recorded in my studio

members online