Reply to fade's article

• beat this! voting starts in...

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man I read about Fat Joe that he's a lame rapper, thatz right. He's a big fat hoe and Me and my homies we would beat the shit outta his homeboys I saw on MTV.

But you like Mobb Deep, me too, but they aint G's.
Everybody knows that they aint hard at all.

And you like : they got guns

aint no one harder than the 3-6 mafia

Man my homies got guns and in my country gun possession is a crime. Me too I got a letter weeks ago... from court hrhr.

I know a lot of hard niggas from my city... guns aint impressin me

Anyway Lil Jon is too futuristic for yall... thaz always like this.
Yall aint seein him as a real hip-hop producer cause he's too far away from yall. His style is too fresh.
In a few years some other hoes will bite his style, hoes like Fat Joe and will make a lot of money out this style.

Word

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well the whole point of the Huh??? articles is that they're jokes. Pure jokes. I'm just using Mobb Deep as an example, same thing for Lil' John. But to say that he's ahead of his time is just plain stupid. C'mon man, that music is garbage! I can't see how someone can actually listen to that shit. That's my opinion on that type of music, you obviously have your own opinion.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm talkin bout those beats...
but I know that there aint any useful lyrics... but his style gonn influence the whole industry

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The lyrics for sure suck ass. The beats don't do anything for me either, but I can't see it "revolutionize" the industry. If that's the way music's gonna go then I should just cut my ears off right now!

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
''If that's the way music's gonna go then I should just cut my ears off right now!''

Hahahahaha

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Fade and co.,

It seems to be a constant here that someone's lyrics are 'whack'...I've listened to plenty of hip hop over the past few months and honestly I cannot tell the difference between good or bad lyrics.

I take that back: I liked the lyrics from older Eric B. and Rakim tracks, especially off Follow the Leader.

What is it that makes someone's lyrics good a worthy of respect? Is it the choice of words? The rythm? Patterns? Subject? Or is it how many times he says filler like 'killer', 'ugh' or 'nigga'?

Thanks

Nick

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well as for the latest rap music out there, not much impresses me. When it comes to older stuff, there's tons of good lyrics. I think when a rapper raps about the same stuff that everyone else raps about nowadays (bitches, money, jewelry, etc) - THAT'S what I mean. Just no originality.

One big thing with me is I tend to like certain artists just because of their personality. I mean, a guy like Lil' John looks and seems like a total idiot, making a fool of himself, and of rap music. And a guy like Scarface just keeps it on point. It's hard to explain.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nah that track My block is so wanna be lol
I hate those "wanna keep it real" beats, so east coast flavour
If I want to listen to intelligent HipHop, I'll listen to french hip-hop
them lyrics are better, talkin bou how fucked up the whole system is, how fucked the government is, but so "wanna be deep" like Nas, cause that guy is talkin superficiel garbage.
you be talkin bout jokes, I'm talkin bout those jokes that people consider as serious rappers... like Nas.

Scarface is dope. But what do you think of Too Short? He's a legend.

Lil jon is an entertainer, most of yall dont even have some rappers to make records...